Jessica Day George's Books discussion

Princess of the midnight ball.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 5 comments I thought this book was good. I always wanted to keep reading. I finished it in like 4 days. What did you think about the forbidden love between Galen and Rose?

message 2: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) | 42 comments Mod
I thought i was way awesome! I loved how he wanted to send Rose a present, so he sent all the girls their flowers! I thought that would be soooo awesome! I also loved how at the end it turned out Rose's sister was in love w/ Galen's cousin. that was way cool. xD

message 3: by Naomi (new)

yeah. me too. if I wrote I don't think I could do that. mine would all have pretty much the same feel. not exactly, but pretty much.

message 4: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments Katie wrote: "yeppers. I liked it too. I love the way Jessica Day George gives each book (or series) a completely different feel to it than the rest. It's all good, but it more interesting 'cause it's different."

That's what I thought! And the writing is really good and descriptive. Sort of romantic. Not like love romantic, but pretty and eloquent romantic. I also like her characters and the little worlds she writes.
II'm not sure about Galen and Rose. Galen was awesome, but honestly, Rose wasn't one of my most favorite characters. I liked her, but not as much as others. I was glad they ended up together, but I honestly liked Lily and Heinrich's romance more. It seemed more realistic, though Rose and Galen are cute.

message 5: by Naomi (new)

really? I liked both, but I felt we didn't really get to see Lily and Heinrich together. To me it was just kinda a sudden 'pow!' they're together. whereas we got to see Galen and Rose grow to love each other.

message 6: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments Yeah, I agree, but still, somehow it bugged me a little. It just didn't seem very deep. No, that's not the right word. I don't know how to say it.

message 7: by Naomi (new)

I get what you're saying. though I disaree.

message 8: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments Yay, this group is nice! In some book groups, if you state your opinion about a character, and someone disagrees, they jump on you and get all angry. I can see why you would disagree, and it's just that for me, the relationship just didn't work. But thank you.

message 9: by Naomi (new)

lolz. I do my best to be nice. xD

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments I loved it!!! I love Galen!! He's so amazing. I also love the good spirit that Pansy talked to! hehe!! One of my favorite characters was Hyacinth and Poppy. I don't know why I just thought they where funny. I also thought the princess were weird but funny too. I loved the book! I finished it the day i got it! Hehe!

message 11: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 35 comments I sorta felt like that Hyacinth would be the first princess to just break under pressure and betray them, but I thought she was a good character. And Poppy was my absolute fave!!! I'm so glad that the sequel is about her.

message 12: by johanna (jo) (new)

johanna (jo) (johannad_m) Everything in this book was epic :)