What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > YA Novel, blue cover, white flying horse, fantasy, published no later than 2000.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Dawn | 2 comments My grandma bought and read me this book no later than 2000. I can't remember any of the characters names, but I know that the book was blue, and there was a picture of a white flying horse standing on its hind legs. I think the title was one word, the horse's name. It was something long and weird, perhaps a little awkward to pronounce from what I remember.

I think there were two kids, and I have a flashback of a witch or a bad lady, (maybe this was the name that was awkward to pronounce) in which the flying white horse helped save them from. That's all I have! I have spent hours googling this if someone knows anything that would be amazing. Thank you!

message 3: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments Lyrico The Story of a Very Special Horse by Elizabeth Vincent Foster
Lyrico maybe?

message 4: by Annika Duke (new)

Annika Duke | 2 comments Maybe the Pegasus series by Kate O'Hearn?

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33490 comments Mod
Link for Annika's suggestion of the Pegasus series - https://www.goodreads.com/series/7072...

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather Cawte (heathercawte) | 10 comments Bit of a long shot, as it's a unicorn, but - Elidor, by Alan Garner?

message 7: by Kris (new)

Link for Heather's suggestion - Elidor by Alan Garner.

message 8: by Anna (new)

message 9: by 0possum (new)

0possum | 71 comments Airs Beneath the Moon by Toby Bishop?

message 10: by Kris (new)

Link for anncc's suggestion - Airs Beneath the Moon by Toby Bishop.

message 12: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Dawn | 2 comments Googled all of these.. Still isn't the one. hopefully someone has heard of it!

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
Brittany, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Dacyczyn (readsintrees) | 264 comments Several editions of The Magician's Nephew The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis are blueish and feature a white flying horse. That book involves two children and a witch.

message 15: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments The covers I could find don't match, but this is about two children, a winged horse, and a witchy old lady. And the names are weird: The Stolen Telesm The Stolen Telesm by Caroline Baxter

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Brittany, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.