What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Book about a girl who finds her sisters guide on how to be popular and decides to use it at a new school? Book has a comic book art style on it.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ark (new)

Ark | 3 comments Hi I'm new. I'm trying to find this book where a girl isn't popular. I think she had some type of embarrassing moment in class. She finds out shes moving and packs up her stuff and finds her sisters book and uses it for a guide on how to become popular at her new school. The book had one free chapter online. It was advertised on a lot of girly sites.

message 2: by Janet (new)

Janet | 80 comments Maybe How to Be Popular by Meg Cabot.

message 3: by Aidan (new)

Aidan | 3 comments Hi I'm new too !!!
I have the same problem. I can't remember the name of this book about these two high school girls who were born the same day in the same maternity … I think they have the same name too …
they're friends until one day one decides to make the other one's life miserable and turn everybody against her.
I don't remember much but i think one is poor her mother's not that great, the mean one comes from a rich family ...

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32317 comments Mod
Aidan, please start a new thread for your book, otherwise things will get very confusing.

message 5: by ☆Joycedale☆ (last edited Nov 26, 2015 07:03AM) (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 225 comments @Ark I just saw this at my library yesterday A Field Guide to High School
Her sister leaves it for her after she goes to college

@Aidan your description matches Happenstance
But that was 3 girls born the same day with the same name.

message 6: by Ark (new)

Ark | 3 comments Sadly, those aren't it. It's a newer book that came out within less than five years. I think the cover is a girl written in comic book art style.

message 7: by Ark (new)

Ark | 3 comments Drawn*** not written.

message 8: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 708 comments Popular, maybe?

I could swear that somebody else was looking for something along these lines a few months ago, but I can't find the thread.

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne (critteranne) | 55 comments There is a recent memoir involving q girl who finds a 1950s etiquette guide and starts following its advice. But the cover looks more like a picture from one of those retro paper doll fashion books.

It's called Popular and has a subtitle I can't I insert because I'm using the nutty iPad app to type this. Here is the GR link.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 10: by Aidan (new)

Aidan | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Aidan, please start a new thread for your book, otherwise things will get very confusing."<

Won't happen again !!
Sorry, I'm new at this.

message 11: by Aidan (new)

Aidan | 3 comments ☆Joycedale☆ wrote: "@Ark I just saw this at my library yesterday A Field Guide to High School
Her sister leaves it for her after she goes to college

@Aidan your description matches [book:Happenstance|2..."

Ok great !
I'll check it out.
Thank you !!

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32317 comments Mod
Aidan wrote: "Kris wrote: "Aidan, please start a new thread for your book, otherwise things will get very confusing."<

Won't happen again !!
Sorry, I'm new at this."

No worries. Good luck with your search!

message 13: by Karen (last edited Nov 30, 2015 01:27PM) (new)

Karen | 262 comments You said it was a recently published book but while I read your post I instantly thought of this one:

Marci's Secret Book of Flirting

message 14: by Juels (last edited Nov 30, 2015 02:10PM) (new)

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Ark, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Ark, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.