Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) Winter question

Cinders lie detector
Katelyn Katelyn Nov 25, 2015 08:05PM
Did cinder break her lie detector and I just forgot about it cause she should have detected that the guard was lying. I'm sorry I'm just confused.

No I mean Kinney. When he says that Iko died. This was before the wedding.

Beth (FebruaryFilly) Chapter 42, page 375
Dec 27, 2015 10:38PM · flag

Which part, because when she jumped into the water at the wedding she lost all her cyborg connections.
And is the guard your referring to Jacin

She might not have been paying attention to the orange light due to grief and her disappointment in herself.

@Belle it's the part where Kinney is telling cinder that Iko died.

You're right. It might have been a slight mistake cause later in the wedding she can detect all the glamors.

deleted member Nov 26, 2015 08:37PM   0 votes
I didnt think about it!! , good point maybe cinder's lie detector can detect only earthen lies not lunar.

She broke here lie detecter when she went into the lake. But it was still working in that scene where Kinney said Iko was dead. Guess it was just a mistake the author made. Or her lie detector thing only works on glamours. I dont actually remember which is funny cuz I only just read Winter recently.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed! Stuff like this bugs me and draws me right out of the story. Continuity error!

GOT ANSWER!!!
So I asked Marissa Meyer about and I quote:
"Yes, Kinney's lie would have triggered the lie detector, but being surrounded by glamours on Luna, her lie detector is almost always on, making it difficult for her to distinguish between lies and when it's just on due to the glamours.

It's a great question, though. I should have been more clear! Thanks for pointing it out."
End quote.

So happy to finally get an answer!!!

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Wow that makes sense.
Dec 29, 2015 07:54AM