UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Space tourism!

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments It may happen in our life time!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/...

I'd do it!

Would you?

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 3001 comments Yup.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Just a space tour or would you like to land somewhere, Mikey?

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Just going out to ride round would get a bit tedious after a bit, I think you'd need a destination

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You make me laugh, Jim.

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments As a kid I wanted to be an astronaut. In real life I've only been abroad three times and two of those were day trips so it's safe to say I wouldn't.

message 7: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments Hell, yes like a shot!

message 8: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Me too Pat! I'd love it.

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4324 comments Yesterday while we were discussing adverts my colleagues all said that they wouldn't want to go to the moon. I would love to go.
Years ago my friend and I planned holidays to celebrate milestone birthdays - 40, 50 60 and 70. 70 was the Moon.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments Not getting me up in one of those things.

'Tain't natural.

message 11: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Isn't it strange how the rocket looks eerily similar to those SF artists of the 50's used to dream up?

...and how little exhaust flame there was in the video compared to the NASA rockets. Has this thing really flown?

Anyway, count me in. Mars, preferably, when they get it down to a 7-day trip.

message 12: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Rosemary (The Nosemanny) wrote: "Not getting me up in one of those things.

'Tain't natural."

There is another entirely natural way to get to the heavens, but no one's ever returned from that journey, so not sure if it's really all that safe.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Stairway to Heaven?

message 14: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "Stairway to Heaven?"
That's the cost of the ticket, apparently. (Love LZ.)

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) In a heartbeat!

message 16: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments dont forget to send me a postcard when you arrive.

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Who wants to faff about in near earth orbit when you curl up in a chair by the fire and travel to Tau Ceti,live like a Martian, or venture even further into Space. After all Tsarina has been encouraging tourism for a year or two now

message 18: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Jim wrote: " After all Tsarina has been encouraging tourism for a year or two now "

You should add a link to that to help those interested in finding out more.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yes, Jim. You should if you want a great big bruise.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Yes, Jim. You should if you want a great big bruise."

Has the last one faded yet?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments It's a lovely shade of green, I bet.

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments tar baby, he said nuffink

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Jim wrote: "tar baby, he said nuffink"

That'd be the intelligent way to be.

message 24: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Jim wrote: "tar baby, he said nuffink"

That'd be the intelligent way to be."

Unless of course I had written Brer Rabbit

in which case I'd doubtless be in for a kicking

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments With steel toed wellies.

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Actually they're not good for kicking with. The problem is that the toe caps aren't as firm as in boots and the welly is pretty flexible, and if you're not careful you can catch your toes on the top edge of the toe cap.

Bet you never knew that ;-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Steel Wellie toad then.

message 28: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) So what you're suggesting is that it's best to use a hammer?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Probably.

message 30: by Gingerlily - The Full Wild (last edited Nov 27, 2015 10:26AM) (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Just use your teacher glare, Patti!

message 31: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "Just use your teacher glare, Patti!"

me mum were a teacher, I learned to cope with that before I even went to school ;-)

message 32: by Gingerlily - The Full Wild (last edited Nov 27, 2015 10:59AM) (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Even Patti's high octane one? With added blowtorch?

message 33: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Patti isn't old enough to have the real glare, she doesn't even have the moustache!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Jim wrote: "Patti isn't old enough to have the real glare, she doesn't even have the moustache!"

Have you met her?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments My furry toes are scarier than my moustache.

message 36: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "My furry toes are scarier than my moustache."

...and the ring that makes you invisible?