Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

IR Author Discussion > Violette Dubrinsky ?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Georgie (new)

Georgie | 22 comments Does anyone know what happened to author Violette Dubrinsky? I was searching to see if she had any new books, but it's like she never existed. None of her books are available. She is one of my favs and it's all very weird.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 674 comments Maybe she is taking a break? There's a post about her on Amazon too.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/dis...

This happened with another author who I read (who left me with a cliffhanger for a decent read). Her Goodreads page was deleted and I can't find her books on Amazon, the only way I can find her other book is because I bought it.

It's always worrisome when an author "can't be found." Sure you love their books but you worry about the human more than the author.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Do you think maybe she's writing under a new pen name, and wants to disassociate with the previous work. Don't writers do that sometimes when there is an issue with a publisher, or payment sometimes?

message 4: by Georgie (new)

Georgie | 22 comments Megan, so true about finding yourself more worried about the author than the books.

Pagan, that makes sense. I hope that's all it is.

Thanks

message 5: by Anino (last edited Dec 01, 2015 12:57PM) (new)

Anino  (anino) | 773 comments The last time I checked her website, she'd been working on her Masters degree. But that still doesn't account for having her books removed from Amazon... I wonder what gives?

In the meantime, I've sent her an email at her gmail address.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Anino wrote: "The last time I checked her website, she'd been working on her Masters degree. But that still doesn't account for having her books removed from Amazon... I wonder what gives?

In the meantime, I've..."

She didn't write nonconsensual or taboo erotica, so it is weird that her work was pulled.

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1379 comments What a coincidence. I was doing a search on her stuff to see if she has anything new or recent and yeah I was super surprised to see all of stuff is gone. Her blog is also set to private and it was formerly public.

Man, I hope she is ok.

message 8: by Ladyamelia (new)

Ladyamelia | 173 comments Tina wrote: "What a coincidence. I was doing a search on her stuff to see if she has anything new or recent and yeah I was super surprised to see all of stuff is gone. Her blog is also set to private and it was..."

I noticed that she liked another author's post on facebook earlier this week, so at least we know she is physically okay.

message 9: by Gaubby (new)

Gaubby | 2 comments Is there any new word of her ?

message 10: by Anino (new)

Anino  (anino) | 773 comments Gaubby wrote: "Is there any new word of her ?"

She's disappeared and taken all of her brilliant books off the market. And yes, I am ticked off about that.

message 11: by Anino (new)

Anino  (anino) | 773 comments Gaubby wrote: "Is there any new word of her ?"

She's disappeared and taken all of her brilliant books off the market. And yes, I am ticked off about that.

message 12: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (bl0226) | 1 comments I just discovered her works but can’t find anyplace that is selling them. How sad.

message 13: by Can't Read (new)

Can't Read (ozmom) | 3 comments Gaubby wrote: "Is there any new word of her ?"

I was in a facebook private group with her that was like a fan page for her books...she's still to this day one of my fave authors...but she was in law school, and she was extremely busy. She pulled her books because she was stepping away from writing to focus on school...BUT, disclaimer, this was YEARS back when she told us in her facebook group, so I don't know if she's back at writing now. I'm really hoping one day she will write again. She's not just an amazing author, she is such a beautiful spirit and genuinely nice person as well.

message 14: by Georgie (new)

Georgie | 22 comments Darn. I’m still wondering where she is and if we can ever expect more of her great work.