ACIM: Listen, Learn and Act discussion

Illness

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie, Co Moderator (new)

Julie | 29 comments Mod
I watched the video on Ramon's suggestion, and was quite surprised by what was said. I took what I read to mean that taking medication was not the way to manage your illness and take care of the body. I couldn't have been more wrong.

The following is my understanding:

Don't give your body the power to take away your peace.

Take care of you body by whatever means you find necessary (and this includes medication), but accept that it has nothing to do with anything.

A sick body is no impediment to who you are. You can still be at peace. Don't give it (the body) power over yourself.

Sickeness is in getting upset becasue you have symtoms.

Correct the errors in your mind, not your body.

The video helped me to better understand the text. I do recommend watching it.

message 2: by Ramon, Co Moderator (new)

Ramon | 55 comments Mod
Julie wrote: "I watched the video on Ramon's suggestion, and was quite surprised by what was said. I took what I read to mean that taking medication was not the way to manage your illness and take care of the bo..."

I am in complete agreement with your findings, Julie. You have done well and have thought this through with positive conviction. And to think, we are still only in chapter 1. Can you imagine the wonderful life you can experience as we proceed? I share your happiness. Thank you, Julie, for sharing your findings.

message 3: by Angelanadine (new)

Angelanadine | 17 comments You peaked my interest, will watch that video!