Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Betas needed for a dark, gritty NA/Adult novel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S. (new)

S. Sawyer (Sawyer1211) | 12 comments Hey y'all,
Looking for some beta readers to critique my first novel. I'm interested in hearing what parts in the manuscript you find interesting and what parts lose your attention. I'm looking for brutal honesty, so I assure you I have thick skin. I just ask one thing, if you offer to be my reader please stick with it or give me a reason why you can't. It is so discouraging for a would be author to send our work out to a reader for them to disappear. Thanks in advance for you time.

Mellie is a gritty story about a young woman who has been suffering with mental problems for years, and her newest diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder has sent her into a downward tailspin. Downing her meds with a bottle of wine on the verge of ending it all, she has an epiphany to write the story of her dark past in a frantic last attempt to find answers that may finally give her peace. In a peak of high mania she sets out to document all she can remember. Using her old journals as a guide, she crashes head first back into the 1990s. Is she ready for this? Can she handle remembering everything in her manic obsession to write down her past, or will going back there break what’s left of her sanity?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Krause (steepedinpages) | 21 comments Hi!

My name is Rachel.

I offer a very reasonable paid beta service.

My Beta Reading Services cover the following:

character development and motivation

setting and world building

dialogue

readability

plot holes

basic story-line comments

steady progression throughout the novel

continuity issues / inconsistencies

honesty about the good and the bad

clichés

clarity/visual confusion

repetition

believability

overall feeling (my reactions to the story)

awkward phrasing

overall impression

grammar or spelling errors and typos

punctuation

My goal is to give you honest, thorough, and constructive feedback on your manuscript. Turn around time for a comprehensive review is 1-2 weeks; depending on the length of your manuscript.

If you are interested, you can check out my website for reviews and more information:
theadventuresofolliebelle.wordpress.com

Or just email me at theadventuresofolliebelle.k@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

message 3: by Jeanie (last edited Nov 26, 2015 12:25AM) (new)

Jeanie (jeanielong) | 62 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hey y'all,
Looking for some beta readers to critique my first novel. I'm interested in hearing what parts in the manuscript you find interesting and what parts lose your attention. I'm looking for ..."

I like the sounds of it. If you would like, i would be interested in reading thebfirst chapter to get you started. I have a few commited projects so i cant do the whole thing right away, but i can do the first chapter in the next two weeks. PM me. I'd like your manuscript in word and epub along with any concerns you have.
Jeanie

message 4: by S. (new)

S. Sawyer (Sawyer1211) | 12 comments Thank you very much, Jeanie. I will message you the first chapter.