Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay question

Coin vs. Snow
Emmy A. Emmy Nov 24, 2015 10:11PM
**SPOILERS**

Who do you think was responsable for the capital bombings (the one that killed Prim)? Snow was clearly a cunning man who wouldn't find it below him to sour Katniss or any of the rebels' victory with that doubt creeping in the back of their heads, but at the same time, Coin was sometimes manipulative and would sacrifice children for the sake of speeding up so-called peace. (Afterall, she was the one who thought up the grand idea of having another, final hunger games) Thoughts?

It was Coin. That bombing was bad for Snow, it destroyed any last chance of resistance he had. Besides, he was to smart to not have noticed what a bombing of sorts would cost him. It was the work of the manipulative president Coin, who couldn't care less if she had to kill children to get to power sooner.

Coin.
Snow was too smart to do it. It was his last line of defense and, predictably, made even his own guards turn on him.
On the other hand, Coin knew people would assume it was Snow who bombed their children. She demonstrates that she doesn't mind killing kids later on by suggesting another Hunger Games. So there's no reason she wouldn't kill a bunch of Capitol kids to win the war. She'd sacrifice anyone and everyone in a heartbeat to gain power.

Also, her excuse for the Hunger Games she proposes being about satisfying people's need for blood and ushering in peace was total crap. She wanted revenge. Her family died and she blamed the Capitol.

The bombings were because of Coin. She wanted to be leader so badly, and she told everyone that it would end the war. That's probably the only reason any of them went along with it. Coin was ruthless and didn't care how she got her power, so she killed her own people and didn't care. Snow looks harmless compared to Coin.

Nikita (last edited Nov 25, 2015 10:18AM ) Nov 25, 2015 10:17AM   0 votes
Coin was responsible for the bombings. I believed Snow when he said that killing the capital children was unnecessary when the rebels had the upper hand. It was Coin. She wanted the districts and the capital to hate Snow and believe that it was him. She also wanted to make sure that Katniss would be loyal to her and having her sister die at the "hands of Snow" would do that.

Snow is direct and uses fear to control others and gets what he wants. Coin is indirect and smart uses manipulates to get what she wants. Both are evil in their own way and if Katniss didn't kill Coin, she would have been more horrible than Snow.

ANYBODYYYYY: WHYY DID SNOW LAUGHED AT KATNISS WHEN SHE KILLED COIN??? WHYY? IS HE ON DRUGS? HE WOULD DIE ANYWAY AND BOOOOTHHH HIM AND COIN WAS BAD. HE KNEW THIS? HE IS LAUGHING OF SOME RST INSIDE HIS UNERWEAR?? WHAAT THE FUCKKK

After all as Snow said, if he had a hovercraft in his service, he would flee.

It was Coin for sure. I know Snow is a terrible guy, but Coin is so much worse. I know she tried to make it seem like the Capitol's fault. But I believed Snow when he said he wouldn't commit that crime. Coin manipulated everyone around her. It's worse because she thinks what she's doing is right. The capitol Hunger Games? She thought her reasons for that were totally justified. Her head was filled with hatred towards the Capitol. She didn't just was revenge, she wanted to make them bleed. Bombing children is on an entirely different level than Snow. There weren't many people that saw through Coin's mask. Boggs, Snow, Plutarch, maybe Haymitch?

Both are terrible. And I think Snow was always so and he didn't have a chance to change it. But Coin was brutal. She killed her own people to win. She's worse that Snow

Kristen Snow had no interest in changing. He remained in power for decades by being brutal and calculated. He also killed his own people too. Technically, the ...more
Dec 09, 2015 11:47PM · flag