What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fiction: Series of British children's' books from the 90s (possibly 80s) [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I read them at school in the early 90s when I was very young, but have no real idea when it would have been published. There were many books in the series, all illustrated, and centred around a group of children. The books were themed. I distinctly remember one about Diwali, since one of the children was Indian. One of the books may have featured a Victorian theme, but I can't say with certainty. In general, the books were educational but fun and adventurous. I think there might have also been a dog.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35107 comments Mod
Six, I've moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book. Good luck with your search!

message 3: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 126 comments Could it maybe be the Wishbone? I think a lot of them are history based

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Kris wrote: "Six, I've moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book. Good luck with your search!"
Sorry about that, I thought I was posting in Unsolved but I was on mobile and must have done something wrong. Thank you!

Grace (PickingonStuff) wrote: "Could it maybe be the Wishbone? I think a lot of them are history based"
It's not Wishbone. I'm not too familiar with that series, but it looks like it could be for older children. The series I'm looking for is a collection of picture books. Bright illustrations, not too long, etc. I wish I had more to go on. The book that I remember most clearest is the Diwali one I mentioned before. The illustrations depicted lights and I seem to recall a street (or house?) decorated with lanterns.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

LauraW wrote: "Would this help? https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7..."
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately none of those look familiar. I fear the books may be obscure and out of print, or I'm not remembering them correctly.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
Are they fiction or nonficton?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Are they fiction or nonficton?"
Fiction.

message 9: by Kris (last edited Nov 30, 2015 08:49AM) (new)

Six, can you describe illustrations in this picture book - cartoony/realistic/photographs/watercolors, warm-sunny/bold/dark colors, etc.?

What images appeared on the covers?

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 06, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

Solved! I stumbled on the answer from a buzzfeed article of all places. It's the 'Magic Key' series by Roderick Hunt.

message 11: by Kris (new)

Great! Thanks for the update, Six.
Here's the GR link for the "Magic Key" series by Roderick Hunt - https://www.goodreads.com/series/7840...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wishbone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Roderick Hunt (other topics)