Aussie Readers discussion

Archive Personal Challenges 2016 > Kerri tackles the doorstops in 2016

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kerri (last edited Jan 03, 2017 02:45AM) (new)

Kerri | 373 comments I am really happy to have almost given up tv and read heaps more books this year than ever before. I have surprised myself and easily completed my reading goal of 80 books for 2015, but...
I find I am always choosing reasonable short books to read for my challenges and am avoiding some of the longer ones I have sitting on my TBR. Some of them I really want to read as I've been told how wonderful they are. My challenge for 2016 is going to be to tackle some of my longer books, I am going to aim for at least one per month.
1. Shantaram
2. Trinity
3. I Know This Much Is True
4. 11/22/63
5. Natchez Burning
6. A Little Life
7. The Persimmon Tree
8. I Am Pilgrim
9. NOS4A2
10.Whitethorn
11.A Free Life
12. Matterhorn
These are the 12 longest I have on my list, hopefully I will get through a few more.

message 2: by Zoey (new)

Zoey  (rozannen) | 1019 comments Good idea for Kerri, I know what you mean about skipping over the larger tomes, I am guilty of that myself sometimes.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments That is a great idea Kerri. I did the very same thing in 2013 and although the amount of books i read was down I was glad i got to read a number of longer ones. :)

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68390 comments Mod
Great personal challenge Kerri..I too am guilty of doing that sometimes! I wish you well :)

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 7782 comments Such a good idea Kerri!
I have a large number of large tomes in my bookshelf that I shun when I'm looking for a quick read!

Jülie ☼♄  | 6262 comments Great idea Kerri, maybe you could also add them up in total pages to get an even better perspective ;)

message 7: by Kerri (new)

Kerri | 373 comments Thanks for the support everyone, I'm looking forward to getting stuck into them.

message 8: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 Good challenge - I avoid door stoppers like the plague- but happy to cheer you on :)

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3449 comments Sounds good, Kerri. I can recommend 11/22/63. Good luck with your challenge!

message 10: by Kerri (new)

Kerri | 373 comments First one read, off to a good start. I'm so glad I discovered audiobooks.

message 11: by Catsalive (new)

Catsalive | 324 comments Good challenge. Maybe next year I'll try that.