Divine Divas Reading Group discussion

December Book

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (ladyofhonor) | 224 comments Mod
For December do want to read a book , start a series or skip this month?

message 2: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments I would like to read a book or a series. Either way I am good. Do you have any selections in mind?

message 3: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments Tiffany, did you see the ending of the good Rev Dr. Coming?

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

I knew he had done something to her but I didn't know she would go that far!

message 5: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments One can be forgiven, but that does not necessarily eliminate the consequences that may follow.

message 6: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 2 comments I would like to read either.

Thank you,

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Okay just because it would because this month is going to be so busy let's do a single book for right now and in Jan we will start a series so for this month book we be reading Breaking all the rules by Rhonda McKnight Breaking All the Rules unless someone has already read it?

message 8: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments Got my copy!

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

You be on it Shelly!

message 10: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments I try Tiffany. I am currently reading Pay Day by ReShonda Tate Billingsley & Rishelle Denise. It is a good quick read. Have you read it?

message 11: by Lamarr (new)

Lamarr | 25 comments I am in. I have my copy! :)

message 12: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte  (cblevy) I think I will finally be able to sit down and read a book for a change

message 13: by Tiffany (new)

YYYYYYYAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you ladies all decided to read this month! This is only 15 chapters so to make it last the whole month it would be 3 chapters a week or we can condense it to 3 weeks and read 5 chapters a week. Thoughts on this?

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

We can go ahead and do 5 chapters a week and start next week so next friday I will have the questions for chapt 1-5......also I am going to start the jan book discussion so everyone can have input on the series we read since it will taking up several months

message 15: by Tiffany (new)

Do you think you would be strong enough to do what Denise is doing?

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

What do you think Terrance has to tell Deniece?

message 17: by Lamarr (new)

Lamarr | 25 comments Tiffany wrote: "Do you think you would be strong enough to do what Denise is doing?"

I think I would have felt more in disbelief. I think I would be strong enough to do what Deniece is doing because of family. However, it also depends on how I felt about my "ex" from the beginning. I believe love is love, but if my sister knew that I still had "feelings" for my ex then I would probably feel different about the situation. I think from that perspective, then I would have felt "wronged" in some way. I don't think it would effect how and what I did and felt for my family, but it definitely would have changed the perspective. I would have been hurt if it was a definite intentional, but I would have forgave, mainly for myself, so I could begin the process of healing. It definitely would be difficult to do what Deniece did, but we all know love covers a multitude of sins....

message 18: by Tiffany (new)

I personally would have handled the situation totally different than deneice. I would have expressed that I was upset and would have told her I could not plan the wedding. I would have been big enough to come down for the wedding but not plan it.

message 19: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments I am with you Tiffany, I think she was asking too much of Nectar :) to plan her wedding. I think the best I could do would be to attend the wedding and the baby shower. I think the sister's request just shows how selfish she really is.

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

How are you feeling about Ethan?

message 21: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments I am totally in love with Ethan! I love his personality and the way he deals with Deniece. the fact that he is rich and a humanitarian doesn't hurt either. lol He seemed almost too good to be true. I kept waiting for him to do something terrible or some bad secret from his past to come out.

message 22: by Lamarr (new)

Lamarr | 25 comments I agree with you, Shelly. I thought he was amazing, but I kept thinking.... This must be too good to be true.

message 23: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments I was total caught off guard by Janette's response when she found out the depth of her sisters relationship with her husband to be. All along I thought Janette knew and just didn't care about Deniece's feelings. I must admit I was wrong about Janette.

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Shelly brought up such a good point I was totally thrown off when I found out about Janette not knowing the truth. and with that being said how do you feel about Terrance?

message 25: by Tiffany (new)

Why do you think Terrance and Ethan fought?

message 26: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell | 25 comments I think Terrance was a bit cocky and proud for my taste. Overall, I think he was foul, sleeping with both sisters, not fessing up to his fiancée about being her sister's first, not letting Deniece know in advance about being attracted to Jannette. I could go on and on.....

I think Terrance was experiencing some jealousy about Ethan pursuing Deniece which led to them fighting. However, I also think that Terrance knew Ethan's ways with women and was genuinely concerned about him hurting Deniece too.

As I look at the situation Rom 8:28 comes to mind. All things work for the good, even in this crazy book.

message 27: by Tiffany (new)

I didn't too much care for Terrance it was like he went around just sleeping with girls and lying to them. I wasn't mad at Jannette after I saw how he was acting. He he was just too bossy and rude for my liking nothing like Ethan :)

message 28: by Tiffany (new)

Last question . How did you feel/think about the book over all?