The Crown (The Selection, #5) The Crown discussion

Plot ideas anyone??? What questions do we want answered???

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Petra I hope that...
-America lives!!!
-Eadlyn sorts out her personality
-Eadlyn makes a choice
-Kile/Erik
-It isn't like The One
-Plot twist
-Eadlyn does something to help the post caste discrimination
-Some sort of attack on the palace
-all our questions answered
-a leadership test for the selected to prove to the reader they are worthy

What questions do you have...
Can. not. wait. until. May 3rd!!!!!

Nikita America is recovering from her heart attack
We learn of who put Kile's name into the Selection
Eadlyn forms a plan to stop the riots
Josie finally gets a lecture regrading her behavior
Eadlyn makes her decision

Petra Great ideas! totally agree (for both messages 2&3 )
do you think that America, Aspen or Marlee put Kile's name in?
What kind of plot twist? If Eadlyn chose Erik that would be a cool twist since he isn't in the selection but lots of people already can see it happen so...

Nikita I still think it was Josie who put Kile's name in the Selection.

message 5: by Camille (new) - added it

Camille What I want to happen...
-AMERICA LIVES
-Keadlyn moments
-Henri leaves
-Erik leaves
-Ahren comes back
-If she doesn't choose Kile she chooses Fox
-AMERICA LIVES

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Jones i think that Eadlyn is going to tell of Josie infront of someone who isn't suppose to see it (the press?)
i think she is going to pick Kile
i think Josie is going to try and flirt with one or sever of the men and that is going to se her off.
IF AMERICA DIES IM GOING TO WRITE AN ANGRY LETTER AND CRY! no one wants their readers to cry.
i think she is going to no eliminate any more but during one of the interviews shes going to tell them that's the man she is going to marry (KILE!)

Petra I am going to re write however much I need to if America dies and send it to the author! (anyone have Kiera Cass's email?) ;)
I reckon Josie might have put Kile's name in
What evidence is there for Eadlyn picking either Kile or Erik?
I hope the northern rebels come into it at some point

message 8: by Petra (last edited Jan 02, 2016 05:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Petra If Anyone wants more information about the selection Google The selection wikia.

message 9: by Secret22 (new) - added it

Secret22 Okay, if America... ya know... I am starting a riot! Starting by emailing Kiera Cass asking her WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? Thankfully, I THINK it's just a cliff hanger conceived to ensure our patience for the next one. I have a hunch that Erik is the one Eadlyn will choose. Hey, her parents broke the rules; why not her? I think Henri is actually going to fall in love with her and she's going to have to tell him that she loves Erik, but he'll accept it and be happy for her. I really hope Ahren comes back, not forever, he deserves to live happily in France with his wife, but once a twin always a twin, you can't just abandon your closest friend. I think the suitor who offered her the 'plan' - I don't rememer his name - will be involved in some kind of plot twist. I hadn't thought of the attack on the castle, but I agree with it.

message 10: by Secret22 (new) - added it

Secret22 Americaine21 wrote: "I am going to re write however much I need to if America dies and send it to the author! (anyone have Kiera Cass's email?) ;)
I reckon Josie might have put Kile's name in
What evidence is there fo..."

It's been too long for me to quote the book exactly, but there was definitely foreshadowing of Erik getting closer to Eadlyn.

message 11: by Secret22 (new) - added it

Secret22 Grace wrote: "-America definitely needs to live.
-Eadlyn should eliminate Henri. She doesn't love him
-Some kind of plot twist
-Better Maxon
-Eadlyn needs to go on more dates"

She doesn't love any of them, though.

message 12: by Secret22 (new) - added it

Secret22 Ohhh. I forgot who Joie and Kyle were. I think Josie and Eadlyn arte going to end up really close and Josie's going to marry one of the suitors - maybe Erik or the one who had the plan? And ohhhhh, Kile....... Man, I dunno who to root for! Kile vs. Erik

Petra I re-read the Heir a few rainy days ago and I totally forgot about the baseball game! That was so cool. I hope Cass includes more of those sans media family/selected moments in 'The Crown'. I really like Kile but after re-reading it I have a feeling she may choose Erik.
Evidence: Erik means peaceful ruler so far that's all I got.
more evidence coming soon... once I find some. I also hope Eadlyn changes her cold side and warms up a bit. I think there is too much for Cass to cram in one books I hope its a long book! Wish she would write one more after this!

message 14: by Secret22 (new) - added it

Secret22 Oh, wow! I forgot about that! I loved that part. I really do hope it's a long book too. It really doesn't matter how long a book is if it's good. I want to reach for the stars, bring on 500, 600, 700 pages of amazing!

Greycie Mae Just got a sneak peek at The Crown and America dies in the first chapter! Kota comes back for the funeral and Maxon fights with him!

Petra Where did you find that?

Petra I need to read the first chapter!
Anyone else agree with me?

Greycie Mae Just kidding...geez! lol :)

message 19: by Secret22 (last edited Feb 02, 2016 05:21PM) (new) - added it

Secret22 That was pretty cruel. Probably would've made a lot of people abandon Kiera Cass for good had it gotten out.

Greycie Mae Then I guess that they are not true fans...

message 21: by Secret22 (new) - added it

Secret22 Hey, I loved the 'Matched' series by Allie Condie, but the ending was so terrible I disowned her. Why read more books by her if she was just going to ruin it time and time again? I despised it so much that to this day - years later - I remember that I hated it it, even though I don't remember what it was.

Greycie Mae Really? I loved that book!

Petra Greycie wrote: "Just kidding...geez! lol :)"

Touché! Okay, that was just a little mean... (mock pout) Lol, kind of funny too : ) To be honest it's crazy no one thought to do that already.

Petra Americaine21 wrote: "Greycie wrote: "Just kidding...geez! lol :)"

Touché! Okay, that was just a little mean... (mock pout) Lol, kind of funny too : ) To be honest it's crazy no one thought to do that already."

previous comment in response to saying America dies in chapter one.

Greycie Mae Glad we made up. :)

Petra I totally think that Daphne had something to do with Ahren and Camille. She was probably mad at Maxon (read the Prince if want to read that part) So she thought that if her daughter married his son then it would be like payback. I really hope Ahren comes back and after a telling off from Eadlyn -who has had a personality change and is a little less of a control freak- there is a sweet brother/sister moment.

Petra Okay, If Eadlyn decided not to choose Kile and let him leave the palace like he wants and wasn't allowed to choose Erik. Who should she choose?

Nicolina Greycie wrote: "Just got a sneak peek at The Crown and America dies in the first chapter! Kota comes back for the funeral and Maxon fights with him!"

DUDE SPOILER ALERT MUCH?!

Nicolina Greycie wrote: "Just kidding...geez! lol :)"

ok ok *deep breath *
Sorry abt that little mini explosion i had there
Didn't read the just kidding part

Greycie Mae I think that she should marry Hale. He's my favorite.

Petra Yeah I totally agree! Hale

message 32: by Secret22 (new) - added it

Secret22 I'm for Erik... sorry Henri! But I think Henri would support them... he's totally be at their wedding.

message 33: by Mini (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mini Americaine21 wrote: "I hope that...
-America lives!!!
-Eadlyn sorts out her personality
-Eadlyn makes a choice
-Kile/Erik
-It isn't like The One
-Plot twist
-Eadlyn does something to help the post caste discrimination
..."

KILE KILE KILE

message 34: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara Isabel Camille wrote: "What I want to happen...
-AMERICA LIVES
-Keadlyn moments
-Henri leaves
-Erik leaves
-Ahren comes back
-If she doesn't choose Kile she chooses Fox
-AMERICA LIVES"

I agree. America has to live. And Kile has to win The Selection. Ahren should come back. I really hope Eadlyn stops being rude to the boys and actually tries to get to know them . I know lots of people want Erik to win and i like Erik but I think Kile is better for Eadlyn. I think she is herself around Kile,not future queen Eadlyn just Eadlyn. I think he makes her happy. Sorry if i wrote something wrong.Im Tukish so my English is not that great

Petra It would be rally nice if there was a sweet romantic moment with Maxon and America or just something more with them in it.

Greycie Mae I completely agree! I really missed them in 'The Heir'!

Petra It would also be nice if we could see some more of Americas wild side she seems so reserved. Like Amberly but in the Selection she is nothing like her.
Point: Had Amberly even accidently, kneed Clarkson she would have died and been sooooo apologetic let alone threaten to do worse like somebody *cough, cough America*

message 38: by KnitGen (last edited Mar 21, 2016 02:27PM) (new)

KnitGen I'm going to go dark:
America dies, : ( Maxon quickly follows
The Selection is put on hold
Eadlyn becomes queen - hence the name The Crown
Keeps Kile around for kisses and such
Eadlyn doesn't change
Riots
Kile's simple house design released, people happy
Book 2 ends

subplots:
Ahren returns with his bride - she is pregnant
Marilee and America put Kiles name in the race
Josie - continues to giggle

Book 3 - cause, yes, we know she will drag this out!
- Back to the selection,
She dates the remaining men while pregnant with Kile's baby still insisting she doesn't need anyone and she is the most powerful person of all.
Riots continue
Castle attacked, Eadlyn killed - okay maybe need to remove pregnant plot - too dark to kill her and baby. Oh wait! she keeps the pregnancy hidden and gives the baby to Lucy and Aspen! then is killed in riots. yes!
Kaden - kind, thoughtful and caring king - all end happily ever after. : )

Greycie Mae 1 word: Woah

Petra creative, dark but creative.

Book_Lover America lives
Eikko and Eadlyn are together for ever and marry