All the Books! discussion

Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
This topic is about Empire of Storms
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Buddy Reads > Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sara J. Maas → Start Date: November 24, 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 141 (141 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Brandy | 2535 comments Where we can chat about the book! :)

Books On Replay (booksonreplay) So I e never done a true buddy read. Do we just post when we want? Or do we do it every xx amount of chapters?

message 3: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
I typically like to post every few chapters (when I can) or when something really big and crazy happens. If it's a spoiler I like to use the < spoiler > html lingo to allow others to look when they can.

I'm so excited for you guys to read this one. I loved this series (so far) so much.

message 4: by Hayley (last edited Nov 26, 2015 02:03AM) (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) | 15 comments I missed this thread before starting the book?!?! I actually had this down on my eReader to read on holiday and really enjoyed it - I may just watch and do non-spoilery posts in this thread then ;)

Books On Replay (booksonreplay) I'm actually really excited to see what others think too. I read about 150 pages earlier this year and was loving it. I'm glad I'm finally picking it back up!

Books On Replay (booksonreplay) Oh AND I'm really excited to finally read this series because I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague for SOOO long. So far, I haven't been spoiled, but if I wait much longer, who knows D:

Brandy | 2535 comments Ok I made it to Chapter 53 over the long weekend! Love the book so far.
Books On Replay, I have been avoiding spoilers too, but when books start getting popular it gets harder. I am glad we are doing this.

I don't really know what I was expecting but it is different. And I like it.

Brandy | 2535 comments finished, I will definitely be continuing the series!
Are you guys Team Dorian or Team Chaol? I am not sure at this point which boy I like.

Brie | 569 comments Me too! I've already gotten into Crown Of Midnight,thinking we'd continue on, but only just. I'm not sure which boy I prefer either, they both have so much at risk for a relationship with her. But I think I like Chaol as a person better, I wish he would've acted on his feelings sooner!

Brandy | 2535 comments I am going to listen to Darkfever then I will get back to Crown of Midnight. and if you haven't read the Fever series you really should! I think you would like it

message 11: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Oh is that a side series? I did'nt even check!

Brandy | 2535 comments no no no it is a totally different series but I think you would like it. little fantasy with some dark and twisted characters, our type of book.

message 13: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Oh gotcha, I'm on it!

Brandy | 2535 comments Well i just finished Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas This morning! Why oh why did I wait so long to start this series?! The book also really pissed me off, (view spoiler)

message 15: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Brandy wrote: "Well i just finished Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas This morning! Why oh why did I wait so long to start this series?! The book also really pissed me off, [spoilers removed]"

I agree, why DID you wait so long! Haha there's still two more that are already out.. and two more that she's working on. This one is going to be a 6 book series.

Brandy | 2535 comments Sara, did you read the The Assassin's Blade?

message 17: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Brandy wrote: "Sara, did you read the The Assassin's Blade?"

No I haven't read that one yet. Are you planning on reading it?

Brandy | 2535 comments I. thought about it. maybe we should read it

message 19: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Brandy wrote: "I. thought about it. maybe we should read it"

Sure, I'll read it with you. I've been wanting to read it and it'll tide me over until the 5th book comes out.

message 20: by Books On Replay (new)

Books On Replay (booksonreplay) I have so slacked on this buddy read! With crazy work hours and Christmas, I just haven't had time. Glad to see you all enjoyed it and sorry I didn't participate :(

Brandy | 2535 comments Sara wrote: "Brandy wrote: "I. thought about it. maybe we should read it"

Sure, I'll read it with you. I've been wanting to read it and it'll tide me over until the 5th book comes out."

I am in the middle ish of Heir of fire, I didn't realize it was such a long book. I can do either Queen of Shadows or the Assassins Blade once I am done. Let me know where you are on your availability. I received a gift card so I bought them both!!!

Brandy | 2535 comments Books On Replay wrote: "I have so slacked on this buddy read! With crazy work hours and Christmas, I just haven't had time. Glad to see you all enjoyed it and sorry I didn't participate :("

Books On Replay,
There is still time to catch up. :)

message 23: by Books On Replay (new)

Books On Replay (booksonreplay) I'm not a super fast reader and you are already on the third book lol. It's no big deal. I just felt bad because I didn't participate like I said I would. It's my fault. But reading all this really encouraged me to read it. It sounds so good!

Brandy | 2535 comments Books On Replay wrote: "I'm not a super fast reader and you are already on the third book lol. It's no big deal. I just felt bad because I didn't participate like I said I would. It's my fault. But reading all this really..."

I have been doing the audio version, I have a long commute everyday and a lot of time I can listen at my desk so I have been binge listening to books.

message 25: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments I'm a bit over half way in COM, so good! I'm really enjoying the series so far!

message 26: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Brandy wrote: "Sara wrote: "Brandy wrote: "I. thought about it. maybe we should read it"

Sure, I'll read it with you. I've been wanting to read it and it'll tide me over until the 5th book comes out."

I am in t..."

I say finish Queen of Shadows first, that way everything is still fresh in your brain from Heir of Fire.. I can wait until you're finished and then read Assassins Blade with you.

message 27: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Books On Replay wrote: "I'm not a super fast reader and you are already on the third book lol. It's no big deal. I just felt bad because I didn't participate like I said I would. It's my fault. But reading all this really..."

That's alright! Everyone's going at their own pace with this buddy read. You can update as you go :)

Brandy | 2535 comments I am just finishing up Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas and I am not ok with this!!!! What the H*** just happened?! I hate the king.

message 29: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Sara wrote: "Books On Replay wrote: "I'm not a super fast reader and you are already on the third book lol. It's no big deal. I just felt bad because I didn't participate like I said I would. It's my fault. But..."

Yayy! I love it when I see these comments before I start a book, I just got it in this weekend and was wondering what priority order I should put it in..I'll be moving it up to say the least!

Brandy | 2535 comments I hope you have book 4 on order already!

message 31: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments 10-4, the Queen is on hold as we speak!

message 32: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
I'm so sad the 5th book doesn't come out until September! Luckily I own Queen so I can maybe listen to the end for a few before starting book 5 so I don't forget anything.

Brandy | 2535 comments instead of doing actual reviews I started doing more like book reports so I can read those and remember the big things that stand out in my mind. but I also bought queen so I can listen to it again too.

I'm glad that we decided to do a buddy read so that everyone can join in and discuss the series.

message 34: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Ok, I'm starting Heir this afternoon!

message 35: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Dude. The king is dirty scandalous and needs to be knocked off that throne! Heir was so good! I can't wait for Queen to come available!!!

Brandy | 2535 comments Brie wrote: "Dude. The king is dirty scandalous and needs to be knocked off that throne! Heir was so good! I can't wait for Queen to come available!!!"

I have the audio version waiting on me! I will be starting soon. I can't wait to see her waltz in and kick that king's arse!
Are you going to read the prequel? Sara is going to join in on that one

message 37: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Brandy wrote: "Brie wrote: "Dude. The king is dirty scandalous and needs to be knocked off that throne! Heir was so good! I can't wait for Queen to come available!!!"

I have the audio version waiting on me! I wi..."

I will if we all are, if I don't I am sure to miss something!

message 38: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Yeah, I'm definitely joining in on the prequel. I have the book on hold currently so that it should be in (hopefully) by the time you guys finish Queen.

Glad you guys like it!

Brandy | 2535 comments I just started Queen!

message 40: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Yay!

Brandy | 2535 comments Only 14 hours of listening to go......I forget that these books are so long.

OOOHhh the pits! This should be good. I mean anyplace called the Pits has to have an exciting part. the book needs some ominous music....dun dun dun

message 42: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
The whole series needs ominous music!

Brandy | 2535 comments So I have been listening to audio and if my boyfriend is out of the room I don't have headphones on, everytime he walks in someone is getting their head lopped off. Or they are fighting, but nothing good. lol

message 44: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Brandy wrote: "So I have been listening to audio and if my boyfriend is out of the room I don't have headphones on, everytime he walks in someone is getting their head lopped off. Or they are fighting, but nothin..."

LOL! I felt like this with Heir when my husband would ask me how my book was going.

Brandy | 2535 comments Brie wrote: "Brandy wrote: "So I have been listening to audio and if my boyfriend is out of the room I don't have headphones on, everytime he walks in someone is getting their head lopped off. Or they are fight..."

Oh you know so and so just lost their head, and what's his bucket just got tortured blah blah blah

message 46: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Brandy wrote: "Brie wrote: "Brandy wrote: "So I have been listening to audio and if my boyfriend is out of the room I don't have headphones on, everytime he walks in someone is getting their head lopped off. Or t..."

Blood and guts man, blood and guts!

message 47: by Brandy (last edited Jan 22, 2016 12:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brandy | 2535 comments Chapter 49

I am totally having a brain fart but I really hate Celaena/Aelin's old master. I just got to the part where he tries to (view spoiler) And I am totally bummed with the Dorian situation.
And this Rowen thing (view spoiler)

message 48: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Jan 22, 2016 04:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Hahahahaaha!

And yes, her old master is awful.

message 49: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
I'm curious... what do you guys think about Manon and her stories?

Brandy | 2535 comments I'm not sure yet. but I think she will have a big part in up coming battles

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.