Page Turners Book Club discussion

Introduction Chats > Why did you choose your book?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (warriorlibrary) | 5 comments Mod
Ok! To start, lets all post a brief intro and why we chose the books we chose to kick off our book club experience.

For me: Rot & Ruin

I chose Rot and Ruin because it harkens back to a time when I was obsessed with spooky, strange and thrilling stories. I also chose this book because it is a series...and I LOVE series. I am excited to start, as I haven't yet.

Now! What are you all reading and why? What made you choose?

message 2: by Genesis (new)

Genesis | 2 comments I choose Positive because the title seemed interesting, and as I looked at the back page I realized the story was going to be way different than the other books I read. I can't wait to start it this week.

message 3: by JENNIFER (new)

JENNIFER STRUEBING | 1 comments I chose Orphan Train because Candy recommended it to me.

message 4: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey | 3 comments I chose "Boy 21" because Ms. Thompson put me in that group. ;-)

message 5: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoeberose17) | 1 comments I chose "Positive" by Paige Rawl because it really looked interesting. A few pages in, I realized that the book was a memoir. I usually never read memoirs, purely because I like fiction. I am already almost done with it and I am loving every second of it. It is such a sad, yet inspiring story.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Phoebe that's awesome! I want to read that one next!

message 7: by Samiha (new)

Samiha Ashraf | 2 comments I chose "We Were Liars" because it's a kind of like a mystery which I love. Also it has a little romance in it too. :)

message 8: by Sean (new)

Sean Heidrich | 1 comments I chose "Between Shades of Gray" because I'm interested in the lives and stories of people who suffered through Siberian prison/labor camps.

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Li | 1 comments I chose "Between Shades of Gray" because when it first came out, I always wanted to read it since I love reading historical fiction, and I heard that the author actually interviewed survivors to make this book come alive which got me even more interested.

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Theresa wrote: "I chose "Between Shades of Gray" because when it first came out, I always wanted to read it since I love reading historical fiction, and I heard that the author actually interviewed survivors to ma..."

That's awesome! I didn't know that about the author's research!

message 11: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey | 3 comments Nicole wrote: "Theresa wrote: "I chose "Between Shades of Gray" because when it first came out, I always wanted to read it since I love reading historical fiction, and I heard that the author actually interviewed..."

I also had no idea she interviewed former survivors. Thanks for that bit of info!

message 12: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Temple | 1 comments I chose "Steelheart" because I've always liked the dystopian genre, and it's fun to break off from my usual historical fiction now and then. From what I got off the back cover before actually deciding to read the book, the story seemed very appealing, and boy, it was!