ThatOneReader's Book Club discussion

December Book Club > December Book Club

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary ♥ (new)

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
Hello dearies:D

This topic is about our suggestions for the December Book Readalong. If you are not finished with The Knife of Never Letting Go, no worries. We will wait. I just want us to start from the 1st of December so I am doing it today. The poll will be up tomorrow.

My suggestions are Magonia, The Sword of Summer and Made You Up:)

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) I like those! My suggestions are:

Wonder (it's supposed to be super cute?)
Mosquitoland

And basically any stand-alone... I have 3 books on my tbr-december list already :(

message 3: by Mary ♥ (new)

XD Two of the 3 I mentioned are standalones

message 4: by Mary ♥ (new)

Laura wrote: "I like those! My suggestions are:

Wonder (it's supposed to be super cute?)
Mosquitoland

And basically any stand-alone... I have 3 books on my tbr-december list already :("

Plus, I really want to read Wonder<3<3<3

message 5: by Alesandra (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments I'll nominate An Ember in the Ashes and The Bone Season

message 6: by Mary ♥ (new)

:D great choices

message 7: by Mary ♥ (new)

Forgot to mention that Kami wants to suggest Cinder:)
Any other suggestions?

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Ice Like Fire? (second book of Snow Like Ashes)

message 9: by Mary ♥ (new)

Laura wrote: "Ice Like Fire? (second book of Snow Like Ashes)"

It's good but I don't think it has a point to recommend a second book in a series when some haven't even read the first:(

message 10: by Mary ♥ (new)

The poll is on the group page, you can find it

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Yeah that's true... so many good choices omg!

message 12: by Mary ♥ (new)

xD Choose your fave!! The poll is here. Tbh I may change my vote 'cause I don't like voting my choice. it would be more fun if each of us voted for someone else's choice xD

message 13: by Mary ♥ (new)

For your information, Cinder has 3 votes already!! It may be the winner but we'll see.

message 14: by Alesandra (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments How long will the poll be up?

message 15: by Ammee (new)

Ammee (simplyammee) | 13 comments hey guys! (I know I'm not very active, college is kicking my butt).
does anyone think we can have a random discussion for things totally unrelated to the book? I wanted to share that Magonia is only $1.99 on Amazon right now(which would be cool if that was our book).

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Ammee wrote: "hey guys! (I know I'm not very active, college is kicking my butt).
does anyone think we can have a random discussion for things totally unrelated to the book? I wanted to share that Magonia is onl..."

I didn't know it was so cheap! I just bought it :D thanks!

message 17: by Elisa (new)

Elisa The-Bookie-Monster (the-bookie-monster) | 135 comments Really hoping for Cinder as it's been on my TBR for-freaking-ever, and also Winter came out so I can just binge the whole series, although I really shouldn't buy more books before Christmas especially after my last haul...

message 18: by Mary ♥ (new)

XD You can vote, guys!!
And...It's okay, we will see which will be our book. Btw, I own an ebook of Magonia already:D
I am OBSESSED to read this book

message 19: by Alesandra (last edited Nov 25, 2015 09:18AM) (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments Wow I want to read Winter so bad...and well...it's winter so it'd be perfect. If our book this month is Cinder, maybe we'll find some other people here who have read the series so that we could read winter together (parallel to the Cinder read-along...I hope I'm not confusing!) We'll see ;)
The Lunar Chronicles are so awesome!

message 20: by Mary ♥ (new)

Alesandra wrote: "Wow I want to read Winter so bad...and well...it's winter so it'd be perfect. If our book this month is Cinder, maybe we'll find some other people here who have read the series
so that we could rea..."

We'll see xD
All the choices are lovely

message 21: by Mary ♥ (new)

Cinder is first with 9 votes, followed by An Ember In The Ashes with 6 votes and Magonia with 5 votes

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Nice! I've already read the top 2 though hahaha and recently... not sure if I've written a review about Cinder, I can re-read it again and write one :)

message 23: by Mary ♥ (new)

cool!!! i will read Magonia and the Sword of Summer too for December probably xD

message 24: by Mary ♥ (new)

By the way guys, I will be a bit behind this month due to the fact that I will be in a book bying ban till 15 of December because of my winter exams but then, I will buy my copy of Cinder and read really quickly so no worries:)
I will participate in the discussions, though because I will read from the eBook too

message 25: by Kami (new)

Kami (kalicu) | 187 comments Mod
That's ok! I can't wait!

message 26: by Mary ♥ (new)

Kalani wrote: "That's ok! I can't wait!"

Same here, unable to wait!!

message 27: by Ehlana (new)

Ehlana (candyylanaa) | 74 comments I read Magnoia and it's really good!!! Oh my god..I recommend everyone read it~ :) but for what I was thinking for December would be that Holmes and Stroker series the clockwork scarab is the first one~

message 28: by Alesandra (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments The poll for the December book is already up and running. It's on the groups main page at the bottom. But feel free to suggest this for January!

message 29: by Mary ♥ (new)

Yup, it will be better not to change the options again because many people voted already

message 30: by Mary ♥ (new)

Cinder is the winner:D
With 13 votes, followed by Magonia with 7 votes and An Ember In The Ashes with 6 votes!!
Cinder will be our book of the month.
Kami, can you please make the reading schedule because I will be really busy these days?:(

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Mary:) wrote: "Cinder is the winner:D
With 13 votes, followed by Magonia with 7 votes and An Ember In The Ashes with 6 votes!!
Kami, can you please make the reading schedule ..."

I have already read it but if I find the time I'll try to keep up and write a review about it because I remember liking it :)

message 32: by Mary ♥ (new)

Laura wrote: "Mary:) wrote: "Cinder is the winner:D
Kami, can you please make the re..."

Well, if you want to, because Magonia is second and you voted it AND I will red it, we can do a read along together about that too:)
How does this sound"

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Mary:) wrote: "Laura wrote: "Mary:) wrote: "Cinder is the winner:D
Kami, can you plea..."

Sounds good! :D

message 34: by Mary ♥ (new)

Laura wrote: "Mary:) wrote: "Laura wrote: "Mary:) wrote: "Cinder is the winner:D
Kam..."

Cool, then!!
Do you want to?
Can you read more than 2 books at the same time?

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Mary:) wrote: "Laura wrote: "Mary:) wrote: "Laura wrote: "Mary:) wrote: "Cinder is the winner:D
Cinder will be our book of ..."

I totally can but after this week and before the 18th... because exams and then vacation. For once I hope all the books I have to read are short because it's a lot hmm

message 36: by Elisa (new)

Elisa The-Bookie-Monster (the-bookie-monster) | 135 comments Yay! I'm super excited to start Cinder. Is anyone else participating in LadyBookMad's read women month?

message 37: by Kami (new)

Kami (kalicu) | 187 comments Mod
I'll be doing Manda's #ReadWomen! And I'll make the reading schedule!

message 38: by Mary ♥ (new)

I was thinking of doing it but I decided not to tbh

message 39: by Alesandra (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments I have read Cinder too, so maybe I'll join you in reading Magonia, if that's okay ;)

message 40: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Alesandra wrote: "I have read Cinder too, so maybe I'll join you in reading Magonia, if that's okay ;)"

Sounds good!

message 41: by Elisa (new)

Elisa The-Bookie-Monster (the-bookie-monster) | 135 comments I wasn't going to do the read women month, but it apparently got a ton of hate so that made me want to participate :)

message 42: by Mary ♥ (new)

Alesandra wrote: "I have read Cinder too, so maybe I'll join you in reading Magonia, if that's okay ;)"

It's pretty okay but we'll start at 10 of December

message 43: by Alesandra (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments Anytime is great, I just bought it (still ridiculously cheap on amazon! As are many other books, you should check it out. Lux is for free and Snow Like Ashes and many more are like 1,30...)

message 44: by Ehlana (new)

Ehlana (candyylanaa) | 74 comments Hey guys~ I have read the top three books we are going to do for the talk for December. But I haven't read the Lux series that is the alien one right? But I'll still participate because they are all great books!!!

message 45: by Clyo (new)

Clyo (Las Páginas de Alex) (paginasdealex) | 41 comments I've also read Cinder already. I'm reading An Ember in The Ashes this december tho.

message 46: by Mary ♥ (new)

Clyo wrote: "I've also read Cinder already. I'm reading An Ember in The Ashes this december tho."

That's cool, apparently we will all be reading good books this month<3<3
But if you want to, guys, participate with Cinder because that was actually the whole plan