Up and Coming Authors discussion

Archives (Past Group Reads) > About Christina Harner and Behind Every Illusion

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sherylmarasi) | 150 comments Mod
Christina, please post any information about yourself and/or you book here that you would like to share.

message 2: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana Kovalkova-McKenna Message for Christina: I went on the your website and could not find a place to buy the book. Can you, please, walk us through on how to do it step-by-step.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments Hello!

Sorry for the book confusion. I just launched my new Online Community Website (www.behindeveryillusion.com/community) and then realized it was a bit messed up. I'm having a hard time fixing things, so it was just bad timing all around.

However! you can still purchase the book. Visit www.behindeveryillusion.com, click on "Buy the Book" (you will be taken to the new online community site) and select the "softcover" or "e-book" from the store selections.

Or, you can buy the softcover ($13.95 before shipping) here: http://www.behindeveryillusion.com/co...

You can buy the $8 (before coupon) e-book version here: http://www.behindeveryillusion.com/co...

50% off COUPON CODE FOR E-BOOK: Goodreads001

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments Hi once more! Here's a bit about my book!

When soft-spoken Tatiana turns eighteen, she begins to experience unusual changes. Suddenly, she can read minds, sense emotions and move at a speed that far surpasses anything she’s known before. When her physical features begin to change as well, she begins to doubt her humanity. Having no clue where to turn, Tatiana tries desperately to keep her new abilities a secret. But her best friend and brother, Isaac, sees past her illusions and together they explore the significance of her differences and search out the meaning behind them. Amidst tragedy, unimaginable transformations and an unexpected friendship, Tatiana has to learn to reveal the girl hidden behind her illusions and what it means to face the world in order to preserve not only the forest but her very existence.

You can watch the youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS9-fM...

message 5: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana Kovalkova-McKenna Is there a discount for softcover for goodreads discussion group? Full price $13.95 plus shipping is kind of expensive. I know, you discounted the ebook, but it is hard to read a 500 page book sitting in front of computer.

message 6: by Sherry (new)

It is discounted 50%. Use code "Goodreads001".

message 7: by Christina (last edited Jul 17, 2009 03:32PM) (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments Hi! I cannot go any lower than $6.97 (50% off) for the book plus $3.99 shipping. That's covering my cost. I agree: reading a book online is hard!

For the softcover discount, use: Goodreads001

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.

message 8: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana Kovalkova-McKenna When I went to check out the shipping charges were $5.95? Does it cost that much to ship the book? We are doing this to get reviews from other authors and readers. Sometimes the author does not have control over shipping charges, but this is more than double of what it costs to ship the book.I am considering the long term cost of our group and I think a lot of people would simply not take part in it because of the costs.

message 9: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana Kovalkova-McKenna I can definitely pay $6.97 plus $3.99

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments Hello! I am SOOO sorry for the troubles! Again, I just put the new site up today and it was very bad timing. Let me check on that and thanks so much for writing me back. Let me know if my newest update works for you. It should be $3.99, NOT $5.95!

Christy

message 11: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Hey, we have the same name (sort of)

I downloaded your ebook but it has no file type and wont open in any of my readers. Is there something I might have done wrong?

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments No, its me. Whew! I think after this, everything will be figured out! Give me about 1/2 hour...

message 13: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) No problem lol

message 14: by Christina (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments Ok, Christy (and anyone else), I think it's now working just fine. Thanks for your patience! I'll be online all evening and if it doesn't work, you can let me know.

Christina (aka Christy :) )

message 15: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) I have a BIT of a problem...It now wont let me download a copy because "Your email address and code are correct, however you have no downloads remaining."

message 16: by Christina (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments Christy wrote: "I have a BIT of a problem...It now wont let me download a copy because "Your email address and code are correct, however you have no downloads remaining.""

I just emailed you directly so we can figure it out.

message 17: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana Kovalkova-McKenna I just bought a softcover on your webpage, everything went very smooth. Just waiting to get my book in the mail. I have to say that I LOOOOOOOOOOve the artwork on the website and the book cover.

message 18: by Christina (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments Thanks Svetlana! :) Hope you enjoy the book as well!

Christina

message 19: by Sherry (new)

Wow, well, at least all the bumps are out now, huh? :)

message 20: by Christina (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments Yay! Thanks guys for being my "victims" while I perfected my new online system. :)

message 21: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Okay, I got it all figured out and I'll start the book tomorrow. Actually, I don't have plans until tomorrow night so maybe I'll be able to get it all read tomorrow? *crosses fingers*

Do we all discuss the book in here, or is this just for buying the book?

message 22: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Brady (karlab27) | 22 comments I just bought it. Looking forward to reading!

message 23: by Sherry (new)

I wasn't planning on putting the thread up so quick! LOL! I'll get on that :)

message 24: by Betty (new)

Betty (nightreader) | 8 comments This sounds like a great book, I love the theme; unfortunately I won't be able partake as I have been away for some time and have 5 other books to read for reviewing, then away again. I definitely am interested in the book but will have to forgo for now. I'll try to drop in on your discussions & if the opportunity comes up will join you.

message 25: by Betty (new)

Betty (nightreader) | 8 comments Sorry to bother you, but what shipping zone is British Columbia, Canada? or do you ship to Canada?

Thanks.

message 26: by Christina (new)

Christina Harner | 11 comments Betty -
Not a bother! Haven't shipped to Canada yet. As people have requested, I've updated the prices for the country. Looks like it will be $5.99. I've set it up in the website. Hope that sounds okay.

Christina