Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Weekly checkins > 11/20 Week 46

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments Getting this week posted a bit late. Sorry about that.

6 weeks left! How is everyone faring?

I still had 5 books remaining as of Friday, 11/20.

message 2: by Kaci (new)

Kaci | 67 comments 2 down this week- Pride, Prejudice and Zombies for my graphic novel and The Importance of Being Earnest for a play. I still have many to go, were going to stay with my parents for Christmas and I have a feeling I may hide in my room

message 3: by Kaci (new)

Kaci | 67 comments and not come out until I'm done! Haha.

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments I read a book about witches in Salem and am working on 1984 but I have a sick toddler who cries all night long so getting in any reading has been difficult

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments I read a book about witches in Salem and am working on 1984 but I have a sick toddler who cries all night long so getting in any reading has been difficult

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Happy Thanksgiving to all! #44 is complete. The Devil in the White City for the prompt 'book with a color in the title'.

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) | 158 comments I really finished this on Saturday, but I need to feel like I'm making progress, so we'll say that this week I finished The Little Mermaid and Other Tales (originally in a different language). Progress is slow right now, but I'm still confident that I'll be able to complete the challenge.

message 8: by Sara (last edited Nov 24, 2015 12:36PM) (new)

Sara | 1508 comments I completed the 52nd book last week -The Secret of Midway by Steve Watkins - as a book set in my hometown. Now that I've met my goal I plan to enjoy reading Christmas books and Legacy by Linda Govik (a friend of mine who just published her first book).

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (mghrt06) | 537 comments I finished two books - one that filled a prompted. I read my book started but never finished.

Five prompts to go and I'm 7 away from my goodreads reading goal. Having a good reading week so far so I'm feeling confident that I'll complete both the Reading Challenge and my GoodReads goal.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Megan

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyesears) I finished Olive Kitteridge yesterday for my Pulitzer Prize winner. I've read 43 out of 52 books now.

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 507 comments I've been down and out with the flu, so while I haven't gotten much else done I have been getting ahead with my reading. I read Le Petit Prince, English History Made Brief, Irreverent, and Pleasurable, and Great Exploration Hoaxes. Which means I only have two prompts to go! Very excited, but I'm holding off on my Christmas book until December.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I ticked off three prompts and got halfway through a book that will count for three more (which I finished off today). The most productive week I've had in terms of this challenge I think!

message 13: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments Sara wrote: "I completed the 52nd book last week."

Woo hoo! Way to go, Sara!

I'm so impressed with everyone who has finished the challenge. I really count this as an achievement myself (the reading, not the finishing, because I'm not there yet). I've really stretched my reading. Ten years ago, if you had told me I would read and love The Red Tent I would've scoffed. Just one example!

Thanks to everyone here and my own book club who've kept me motivated.

message 14: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments Emily wrote: "I finished Olive Kitteridge yesterday for my Pulitzer Prize winner. I've read 43 out of 52 books now."

I loved Olive Kitteridge. My book club read it a few years ago. HBO did a miniseries starring Frances McDormand as Olive. Love Frances but don't see her as Olive. Check it out if you can.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.