Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Mismatched in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas #2)
This topic is about Mismatched in Texas
Book Issues > Question - someone in charge please

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Agnieszka (new) - added it

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 84 comments Should I combine these two books or live as it is?

There is a note Mismatched in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas Book 2) by Janice Thompson (book 1) it was previously published as Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas by Janice Hanna (book 2)
but both book have different author, title and series references as well as own ASIN

book 1:
author: Janice Thompson
title: Mismatched in Texas
series: Deep in the Heart of Texas
ASIN: B00U05JSNU

book 2:
author: Janice Hanna
title: Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas
series: Love Finds You
ASIN: B006VCMB2G & B003DKJA82

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6549 comments (Although I'm not someone in charge.)

Yes. You need to add Janice Hanna as the primary author for Mismatched in Texas and then combine them. Also, make sure the original title is shown as Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas and you might leave a librarian note on the default edition so that anyone can see it on the combine page, too.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "(Although I'm not someone in charge.)"

But you are an experienced librarian, which is really what this request needed.

message 4: by Agnieszka (new) - added it

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 84 comments Thank you both - I experienced twice someone made a comment but had no idea if it was correct but afterwards no one else looked over my questions and I had really no idea what to do and this looked like stuff which can happen more often and from now on I know how to proceed with that kind of entries.

I suspected it that way but wanted to get your ok before I mess something up just because someone forgot a librarian note :-)

Thanks again!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6549 comments Agnieszka wrote: "Thank you both - I experienced twice someone made a comment but had no idea if it was correct but afterwards no one else looked over my questions and I had really no idea what to do and this looked..."

That's the way I learned how to do things. Hang out here and ask questions! (And, of course, read and re-read the manual when not sure how to go.)