The Visitor (Animorphs, #2) The Visitor discussion

book review 3

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keatonfell (new) - added it

Keatonfell Rachel and her friends got special powers from an Andalite prince. Rachel goes to Principal Chapman's house in search of information to stop the Yeerk controllers as a cat, but gets caught and is taken to visor 3 and barely escapes with her life with the help of her friends.
Symbolism is shown every time a character morphs in the story. It resembles a way that we hide our emotions; a way to leave the world leaving the stresses and responsibilities of being human behind us. Take Tobias for example he has maxed out his 2 hour morphing limit and is trapped as a hawk, but i feel he wanted that to happen because his life at home wasn't so easy. Another way this book conveys symbolism is that no matter the odds against you always stand for what's right. They have the whole Yeerk army looking for them yet they still fight. They don't give up Rachel almost died just trying to find out information. That says a lot and I’m pretty sure that was the moral of the story.
Through the books so far the narrator changes every time first it was Jake second was Rachel and the next book is told by Tobias. I think the narrator does this to help the reader feel more knowledgeable about who they're reading about to give background to help the reader understand. I feel it's also a way to spice things up and give the story a different voice.
I really like the book except I felt like that they could have made the storyline more interesting and that I kind of don't like the fact that they changed the narrator at first but further on I understood why they did that. I highly recommend this book and feel that I as a teen had an easy understood these books really well.

message 2: by Keatonfell (new) - added it

Keatonfell Keatonfell wrote: "Rachel and her friends got special powers from an Andalite prince. Rachel goes to Principal Chapman's house in search of information to stop the Yeerk controllers as a cat, but gets caught and is t..."