Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Offbeat New Adult, Completed MS, 77k Words

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 4 comments I have a completed NA manuscript for which I’m looking for a couple of thoughtful Betas!

I haven’t formed an official back cover synopsis yet, but here’s the gist.

Lies in the Darkness follows Sophie—a slightly neurotic college senior trapped in an endless pattern of bad decisions. She’s not the only one. Her circle of friends have their own share of demons, including love triangles, eating disorders, drug addictions, babies and one-night stands.

LITD is an open look at the realities of finding love and self-acceptance in the world of early adulthood.

Please note: this book is not for the sensitive. There is a fair amount of strong language and sexual content. If these things offend you, please don’t read it.

What I’m looking for:
General entertainment value, structure and character development. Things that you love, things that you hate. Noting any typos is also greatly appreciated. :)

Please let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!

Amanda
Amanda J. Clay

message 2: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (jeanielong) | 62 comments Would you be willing to trade favors? See my post "Beta me, please" which was posted just after yours.

Jeanie

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Clay (amandajclay) | 4 comments Hi Jeanie! Thanks for your interest. Sure, I'd be happy to swap. Feel free to send it to amandaclay7@gmail.com and I will send you mine.

If you have it already formatted in .mobi, that would be great, but PDF/Word will work as well.

I will do my best to get it done quickly--the holidays throw a little wrench in my schedule this week but I'm a pretty fast reader.

Cheers!

Amanda

message 4: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (jeanielong) | 62 comments Hi Amanda, and great!
I have a new computer (Windows 10) so I need to convert it to mobi. Am working on that now.
You can send yours as mobi or epub, but I also would like a copy in Word as I can take better notes and give you a more detailed response. If you have specific concerns with yours, please let me know either with an attached doc or in an email.
You can send the docs to booklookie@gmail.com.
I can't wait to read!
Truly,
Jeanie