SF/F Read Alongs discussion

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1)
This topic is about Rosemary and Rue
Read Alongs > Rosemary and Rue

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Nov 23, 2015 03:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa (deargeekplace) | 539 comments Mod
OK! For anybody who'd like to participate, here is the schedule I've come up with for Rosemary and Rue (October Daye #1, by Seanan McGuire):

Week 1: Saturday 9th January, Chapters 1-6, hosted by Over the Effing Rainbow (me!)
Week 2: Saturday 16th January, Chapters 7-14, hosted by Lynn at Lynn's Books
Week 3: Saturday 23rd January, Chapters 15-20, hosted by Anya at On Starships and Dragonwings
Week 4: Saturday 30th January, Chapters 21-End, hosted by Over the Effing Rainbow (still me!)

Huge thanks and fluffy warm things to Lynn and Anya for agreeing to host. I am super excited for this one, as the Toby Daye series is one of my absolute favourite UF series!

So! If you're up for taking part, I will probably run the read along from here, so just drop in a comment if you're game! :)

message 2: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anya (starsanddragons) | 155 comments Mod
Yey I'm excited! I've had a paperback foreveeeeerrrrrrr

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 143 comments Mod
Ooooo! It's available as an audiobook. I will try to participate. I love UF.

message 4: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan wrote: "Ooooo! It's available as an audiobook. I will try to participate. I love UF."

Apparently it's a really really awesome audiobook too!

message 5: by Shannon (new) - added it

Shannon (conflicteddesires) | 3 comments Since I actually own this one, I'll probably join in. :D

Susan - the audios are wonderful! Mary Robinette Kowal does amazing narrator work. :D

Hisham El-far (el-far) | 51 comments Awesome.

Anya wrote: "Yey I'm excited! I've had a paperback foreveeeeerrrrrrr"

*Grin* Oh hey, you think you could work your banner magic for us again?

Hisham wrote: "Awesome."

Heeey, I know you. ;)

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 143 comments Mod
Yep, I have heard many great things about Mary Robinette Kowal and I am looking forward to her narration of this book. She was at Bubonicon this year, but alas, I was too ill to attend. I fear I may cry about that once I witness her greatness.

message 11: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'll have a banner up within the week, just have to hide from family for a bit haha

message 12: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'll have a banner up within the week, just have to hide from family for a bit haha

Hisham El-far (el-far) | 51 comments Lisa wrote: "Hisham wrote: "Awesome."

Heeey, I know you. ;)"

*Puts on cheesy disguise*

Who, me? I don't believe we've ever met. *runs away*

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anya wrote: "I'll have a banner up within the week, just have to hide from family for a bit haha"

Heh, no rush!

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hisham wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Hisham wrote: "Awesome."

Heeey, I know you. ;)"

*Puts on cheesy disguise*

Who, me? I don't believe we've ever met. *runs away*"

SUSPICIOUS.

proxyfish | 29 comments Oooh count me in! And hopefully I'll actually keep to the schedule on this one!

message 17: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yey!

Celine | 14 comments Oh, I'd love to join too! I thought I might read the book before January, but I've barely been reading at all so there is no danger of that.

message 19: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yay! Glad to have you both. :D

message 20: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Williams | 84 comments Really looking forward to this!
Lynn :D

message 21: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gah, I owe you all a banner, I forgot, but working on it now!

message 22: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tada: http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.... I decided to get a little more artsy and shake things up this time haha

message 23: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anya wrote: "Tada: http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.... I decided to get a little more artsy and shake things up this time haha"

Oooooh! Love it. :D

Celine | 14 comments Thanks Lisa! And the banner looks awesome, Anya :D

message 25: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Williams | 84 comments Great banner :D

message 26: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thanks all :D

message 27: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thanks all :D

message 28: by Lali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lali | 2 comments On board! No idea how these things work! Will try to hold off on reading it until then but I started it the other week and nearly got totally lost, so... No promises!

message 29: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Haha Yey! Basically one of us posts a few questions about that week's section and we all answer and discuss. As long as you avoid spoilers for later sections you don't have to worry :)

message 30: by Lali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lali | 2 comments Gotcha! (: Ta muchly!

message 31: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hooray! And yes. ;) Not that anybody around here ever read ahead in a book, oh no... :D

message 32: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Everyone getting excited?? Reminder that we're starting this in a week so go find your copy!

Celine | 14 comments Yessss. I finished the last Mira Grant book in December, so I'm looking forward to starting Seanan's other books :D

message 34: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Woohoo! The first round of chapters are next on my reading list today, so I should be posting the questions here over the next couple of days. Bring on Saturday! :D

message 35: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

All right! Time for Part 1 questions - and once again, thanks to everybody who's taking part in this one! Can't wait to get discussing and see what you all think of R&R so far. (Questions under the spoiler tag!)

(view spoiler)

message 38: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Williams | 84 comments Hi everyone

Here's my post too:
http://lynns-books.com/2016/01/09/ros...

message 39: by Anya, Dragonmaster (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiara (digitaltempest) | 26 comments Hi all! I'd been going back and forth with myself about whether to join this Read-Along or not mainly due to my schedule, but I think I can do it. My responses probably won't be posted until the Sunday after the questions are posted, but I'm enjoying what I've read so far. And I'm glad I jumped in. My response post for the first set of questions is here: http://bibliosanctum.com/2016/01/10/r...

message 42: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiara wrote: "Hi all! I'd been going back and forth with myself about whether to join this Read-Along or not mainly due to my schedule, but I think I can do it. My responses probably won't be posted until the Su..."

Absolutely no pressure with the posting! Whatever works best for you. Glad you can join us! :D

message 43: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Williams | 84 comments Apologies for being a little later than I intended with the questions.

Such a lot happened this week that I barely know where to begin and what chapter to stop at!

Anyway, to the questions (which there are probably too many of!):

(view spoiler)

I loved this week's chapters!!

Hisham El-far (el-far) | 51 comments I've had a long stretch of long shifts at work recently, coupled with a lack of sufficient sleep in between. But I'm finally catching up :)

I'll get my part 1 posted somewhere online tomorrow! (unless I get distracted by Netflix & laundry) ;)

message 45: by Hisham (last edited Jan 31, 2016 07:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hisham El-far (el-far) | 51 comments Ok, better late than never. Bearing in mind that this is actually my 3rd read of Rosemary and Rue, I will sometimes be referring to my initial thoughts that I remember from my first read of this book!

Here is my week 1 post.

(view spoiler)

Fun fact, I once worked at a Safeways for four weeks in my teenage years! ;)

Roll on week 2!

message 46: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Williams | 84 comments My post for week 2 is here:
http://lynns-books.com/2016/01/16/ros...

Tiara (digitaltempest) | 26 comments Got my week 2 posted today, and I'll check out everyone's responses later today! :-D

http://bibliosanctum.com/2016/01/17/r...

message 49: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiara wrote: "Got my week 2 posted today, and I'll check out everyone's responses later today! :-D

http://bibliosanctum.com/2016/01/17/r..."

TEAM TYBALT. :D

Tiara (digitaltempest) | 26 comments "TEAM TYBALT. :D"

I'm pretty sure I need that on a shirt.

#TeamCaitSidhe is also needed or my cat might disown me until it's time to feed her.

« previous 1