Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

2016 - Level 3 (Super Sleuth) > Shannon's Cozy Challenge 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 191 (191 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Cozies are pretty much all I read so I'm hoping Level 3 will be a cake walk for me. Keeping my fingers crossed!

message 2: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) It should be, Shannon! Good luck.

message 3: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne (yvonne473) | 804 comments Mod
I'm glad you are joining in, Shannon. Enjoy!

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Thank you! I'm looking forward to it!

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments I just started Drive-Ins, Diners and Death by Christine Wenger for my first book of 2016. I'll be back to post by second choice once I've finished this one! Good reading, everyone!

message 6: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Shannon wrote: "I just started Drive-Ins, Diners and Death by Christine Wenger for my first book of 2016. I'll be back to post by second choice once I've finished this one! Good reading, everyone!"

Thanks, Shannon. Good reading to you also! I've started Three Bedrooms, One Corpse by Charlaine Harris.

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Okay, I've read 6 books so far:

1. Drive-Ins, Diners and Death by Christine Wenger
2. Champagne Murder by Summer Prescott
3. Murder at Castle Rock by Anne Marie Stoddard
4. Cake and Taxes by K.P. Hilton
5. Studs, Tools and Fools by Kathleen Hering
6. Secret of the Painted Lady by Elizabeth Ashby

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Right now I am reading This Old Homicide by Kate Carlisle in paperback and Seaside Secrets by Cindy Bell on my Kindle. Sometimes at night I find it easier to switch from my paperback to my Kindle because I can make the font bigger which in turn allows me to see better. LOL!

I'll be back to post when I've finished one or both of these!
Good reading to everyone!

message 9: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Shannon wrote: "Sometimes at night I find it easier to switch from my paperback to my Kindle because I can make the font bigger which in turn allows me to see better. LOL!"

I know what you mean, Shannon!

message 10: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 650 comments Mod
Shannon wrote: "Okay, I've read 6 books so far:

1. Drive-Ins, Diners and Death by Christine Wenger
2. Champagne Murder by Summer Prescott
3. Murder at Castle Rock by Anne Marie Stoddard
4. Cake and Taxes by K.P. ..."

I havent heard of any of these. I'll have to look into them

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments 7. Powdered Murder by A. Gardner

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments 8. Drape Expectations by Karen Rose Smith
9. Culinary Cozy Mystery Box Set, Books 6 - 10, Frosted Love Series by Summer Prescott
10. This Old Homicide by Kate Carlisle

message 13: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments I just started Law & Author by Erika Chase (paperback) and Hot Chocolate Murder by Summer Prescott (Kindle.)

message 14: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Shannon wrote: "I just started Law & Author by Erika Chase (paperback) and Hot Chocolate Murder by Summer Prescott (Kindle.)"

Ten already and one in progress, Shannon. Methinks you need to bump yourself up to the top Level.

message 15: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Dagny wrote: "Shannon wrote: "I just started Law & Author by Erika Chase (paperback) and Hot Chocolate Murder by Summer Prescott (Kindle.)"

Ten already and one in progress, Shannon. Methinks you need to bump yo..."

You are probably right. LOL!

message 16: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments 11. Hot Chocolate Murder by Summer Prescott

message 17: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Since I finished Hot Chocolate Murder on my Kindle, I started Pies and Peril by Janel Gradowski.

message 18: by Britney (new)

Can't believe you have already read 11. Great job.

message 19: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Britney wrote: "Can't believe you have already read 11. Great job."

Thanks, Britney. I've been sick since New Year's so I've had plenty of time to read. How is your reading coming along?

message 20: by Britney (new)

Not that well. I am only on my 2nd one. I just finished a book but it was a non cozy. I gotta get booking.

message 21: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Britney wrote: "Not that well. I am only on my 2nd one. I just finished a book but it was a non cozy. I gotta get booking."

No pun intended. LOL!

message 22: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Ha, ha. I'll have to get booking with Britney. I'm also only on my second cozy.

message 23: by Britney (new)

Glad I'm not alone. Lol

message 24: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments I've finished #12, Pies and Peril by Janel Gradowski, #13, Murder Uncorked by Michele Scott and #14, Cranberry Orange Murder by Summer Prescott.

message 25: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Just finished #15, Law and Author by Erika Chase. I'm not sure what I'm going to pick up next but I know I'll choose both a paperback and a Kindle book.

message 26: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Shannon wrote: "Just finished #15."

You're well into Level 3 and it's only January! Way to go, Shannon.

message 27: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Dagny wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Just finished #15."

You're well into Level 3 and it's only January! Way to go, Shannon."

Thanks, Dagny! I go in spurts so there may be a month where I read only 1 or 2 books. LOL!

message 28: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments I've finished #16, Killer Cupcakes by Leighann Dobbs and #17, Blueburied Muffins by Lyndsey Cole. I'm reading both All Sales Final by Josie Belle and Bowled Over by Victoria Hamilton in paperback. I know I'll pick up a third book on my Kindle.

message 29: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments I just finished #18, All Sales Final by Josie Belle. If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend it!

message 30: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments I'm still reading Bowled Over by Victoria Hamilton and I started StrawBuried Chocolate by Lyndsey Cole on my Kindle. I think I'm going to start the Susan Henshaw series by Valerie Wolzien.

message 31: by Britney (new)

With they way you are going you will easily finish your goal.

message 32: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Britney wrote: "With they way you are going you will easily finish your goal."

I don't know what's gotten into me this month. I've never read this many books so quickly before. Some were shorter than others but I've enjoyed them all.

message 33: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Finished #19, StrawBuried in Chocolate by Lyndsey Cole and #20, Apple Crisp Murder by Summer Prescott.

message 34: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments #21 is finished, Bowled Over by Victoria Hamilton. I'm reading Murder at the PTA Luncheon by Valerie Wolzien and BlackBuried Pie by Lyndsey Cole.

message 35: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) I'm going to have to try one of Victoria Hamilton's books. I see her name a lot.

message 36: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Dagny wrote: "I'm going to have to try one of Victoria Hamilton's books. I see her name a lot."

She has two series that I know of with one being the Vintage Kitchen Mystery series and the other is the Merry Muffin Mystery series. I've read the first two in the Vintage Kitchen series but I haven't started the other yet.

message 37: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Shannon wrote: "She has two series that I know of with one being the Vintage Kitchen Mystery series and the other is..."

Thanks, Shannon.

message 38: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Dagny wrote: "Shannon wrote: "She has two series that I know of with one being the Vintage Kitchen Mystery series and the other is..."

Thanks, Shannon."

My pleasure. Enjoy!

message 39: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments BlackBuried Pie is complete so I'm off to find another book on my Kindle. I've also started Dying for a Cupcake by Denise Swanson.

message 40: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments I finished #22, BlackBuried Pie by Lyndsey Cole, #23, White Chocolate Murder by Summer Prescott, #24, VeryBuried Cheesecake by Lyndsey Cole and #25, From Newsprint and Footprints by Elaine Orr. I'm just cruising right along. No pun attended!

message 41: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Those titles are making me hungry, Shannon!

message 42: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Dagny wrote: "Those titles are making me hungry, Shannon!"

It's even worse while reading them! LOL!

message 43: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Completed #26, Begonia Means Beware by Lyndsey Cole. Very good book!

message 44: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments #27, Killer Wedding Cake by Gayle Trent, is done! Great story!

message 45: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments #28, Red Hot Velvet Murder by Summer Prescott

message 46: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments #29, To Brew or Not to Brew by Joyce Tremel

message 47: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Shannon wrote: "#29, To Brew or Not to Brew by Joyce Tremel"

That is the question. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

message 48: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Dagny wrote: "Shannon wrote: "#29, To Brew or Not to Brew by Joyce Tremel"

That is the question. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)"

LOL! Good one!!!

message 49: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments #30, Dying for a Cupcake by Denise Swanson

message 50: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments #31, Much Ado About Felines by Kathi Daley

« previous 1 3 4