Sword & Sorcery: "An earthier sort of fantasy" discussion

Sword & Sorcery in other media > Hunstman Winter War Movie

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.E., Gray Mouser (new)

S.E. Lindberg (selindberg) | 2218 comments Mod
The sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman is due out in 2016... sans snow white.

Trailer looks good in my opinion:
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3515...

message 2: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Adrian (shadyia) | 21 comments Trailers always look good, like the picture of a hamburger at a fast food joint. In fact, when a trailer looks bad, you know the movie sucks dead donkey.

I despised "Snow White and the Huntsman" so I will read ample reviews and a signed letter from the president saying this is good before I venture into another.

This was my review of Huntsman:

"I just came from Snow White and the Huntsman. I went into this film wanting to like it. I was looking forward to it.

Snow White and the Huntsman is so bad, I don't know where to begin. Yes, it has good visuals and, yes, Charlize Theron is awesome in this film, but that is not enough to save it. The story is so confused, you'll find yourself wishing parts of it would pass so they would get to the parts you hope will be good. Those "good" parts (the Dwarves, the apple, the kiss, the final battle with the queen) were all a huge disappointment.

I have never seen any of the Twilight films, but now I know why people say Kristen Stewart is such a terrible actress. She has one expression in the whole film, weather petting a magical deer or running from the Queen's Legions of Terror. Her speech to rally the troops at the end is more painful than paper cut and a squirt of lemon.

Don't take just my word for it. Read other reviews. This is not even worth it as an escape from reality for a few hours."

message 3: by S.E., Gray Mouser (new)

S.E. Lindberg (selindberg) | 2218 comments Mod
Shadyia wrote: "Trailers always look good, like the picture of a hamburger at a fast food joint. In fact, when a trailer looks bad, you know the movie sucks dead donkey.

I despised "Snow White and the Huntsman" ..."

I see your points. I actually liked the first ~2/3rds of Snow White and the Huntsman. That part seemed to build a dark fairytale to life with lots of fantasy elements and good special effects.
...then weird things started to happen near the building of the climax to nullify all the potential:
(a) the whole "snow-white-has-a-connection-to-nature&creatures aspect was dropped/unexplained/untapped
(b) the love triangle gets weird...especially the "kiss-snow-white-waken-her" doesn't make any sense; doesn't the Huntsman still love his missing/dead wife?
(c) Snow white getting in armor and leading a battle is also incongruent

I have hopes that the trailer for the sequel will not be misleading... but it's just hope.

message 4: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Adrian (shadyia) | 21 comments I honestly hope its good as well. I wish doom on no picture.

At least we have Star Wars VII...

...and this (funny, no spoilers at all):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q6ut...

and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANRGT...