Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

2016 Old & New Classic Challenge > Michelle's TBR Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Dec 21, 2015 01:24PM) (new)

Michelle (michellevoorhees) | 111 comments Old School
1. The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow - Washington Irving
2. The Princess & The Goblin - George MacDonald
3. Heart Of Darkness - Joseph Conrad

New School (J.R.R. Tolkien)
4. The Fellowship Of The Ring
5. The Two Towers
6. The Return Of The King

Wilds
7. Carrie - Stephen King
8. The Hellbound Heart - Clive Barker
9. Notes From Underground - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
10. The Thief Of Always - Clive Barker
11. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
12. The Time Machine - H.G. Wells

Alternates
A1. Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
A2. Les Miserables - Victor Hugo

message 2: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9189 comments Mod
Hi Michelle. I moved your post to the correct folder -- hope you can still find it okay.

message 3: by Bob, Short Story Classics (new)

Bob | 4779 comments Mod
Ah, I see you are waiting for inspiration. I haven't even started my thread yet. You need inspiration, while I suffer from procrastination. Thank goodness we have five weeks till the year end.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellevoorhees) | 111 comments I think I have mine figured out now. I always figure it out on paper first, since I often make changes and move things around for at least the first few days, to make sure my challenges will remain likely to be completed. I will be updating my list in the next couple days for sure. :)

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellevoorhees) | 111 comments List updated! May make a change or 2 before the end of the year, but will likely stick with these choices. There's some things on here that I've been wanting to get to for awhile now. :)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1791 comments Your new school lineup is cool! Well, your other titles look good too. I'm still trying to manage to read "The Hobbit" some day!

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellevoorhees) | 111 comments Thanks Andrea. :) I read The Hobbit ages ago, but I plan on doing a reread for 2016 Bingo. Since I never made it to LOTR, I definitely wanted to make sure I got to those this coming year. It's tricky having different books for Bingo & this challenge, but I have a lot of books to get to! Lol

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellevoorhees) | 111 comments Thanks Stephanie! I'm looking forward to The Handmaid's Tale the most, so I will probably read that in early January. Also looking forward to Carrie since I have never read it or seen the movie and have heard a few references to it over the years.

message 9: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 1578 comments You have some really good books here. Of course you can't miss with LOTR. I've read all but 2, 8, 9 and 10, and have enjoyed many of them. If you have time for GWTW then it's another great choice. It is probably my favorite from this year.

message 10: by Desertorum (new)

Desertorum I keep reading LotR again and again and there is always something I didn´t remember...My all time favorite. I hope you enjoy it!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I read Sleepy Hollow and The Time Machine for my challenge this year. I liked them both but was surprised by how short they were! I also read The Handmaid's Tale for the first time this year - a great read. Enjoy your challenge :)

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellevoorhees) | 111 comments Yes, I'm hoping to read all 14, but will see how it plays out. But that's why I made sure to have a couple of short books as well as a couple of long reads. :)