What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Stone Carnation
This topic is about The Stone Carnation
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. "Coronation Stone" fantasy romance 1960s [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (bookymouse) | 5 comments I hope somebody out there can help. I work at a public library and I am trying to find a book for a patron. She checked it out once sometime in the 60s. Needless to say, we no longer have it. She said it is called "Coronation Stone" and is a fantasy romance about reincarnation. My co-worker and I have searched high and low to find this. We have been unable to find any hint of it. I am hoping that somebody out there remembers this book and give us a few more clues (hopefully the author).

So, does anybody remember...
* fiction
* sci-fi fantasy
* romance
* about reincarnation
* possibly called "The Coronation Stone"
* published during or before the 1960s
* probably published in the United States

Thank you all!

message 2: by Juels (last edited Nov 23, 2015 04:24PM) (new)

Juels | 2501 comments Maybe The Stone Carnation by Naomi A. Hintze?

The only descriptions I can find:

"Caroline Cole is caught in a terrifying struggle between the ghost of Luisa and the frightening old women who drove her to her death."

"On the mountain side near the isolated old Virginia house outside Washington, D.C., where she and her husband live, Caroline Cole comes upon a half-buried slab of stone that she covets for her terrace. When she gets it home, and cleans it, it proves to be the tombstone of a young girl, Luisa, who had died in 1806 at age 18. Then Caroline’s troubles begin, for Luisa has been restlessly awaiting her opportunity for reincarnation. A haunting feeling of horror and tragedy — and the fragrance of carnations — begins to permeate the old home. And Caroline, now pregnant, finds her marriage disintegrating."

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (bookymouse) | 5 comments Juels wrote: "Maybe The Stone Carnation by Naomi A. Hintze?

The only descriptions I can find:

"Caroline Cole is caught in a terrifying struggle between the ghost of Luisa and the..."

Thank you so much. I am going to check with the patron and see if this is the correct book. I kept finding non fiction. The few fiction titles I found were too new and the summaries didn't fit. I think this is the one! I will let you know.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (bookymouse) | 5 comments Thanks Juels. You are awesome! That was indeed the book she was looking for.

message 5: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2501 comments You're welcome. Happy to help.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Stone Carnation (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Naomi A. Hintze (other topics)