Reads With Friends discussion

Red Rising > 11/29 SUN || 330-400 (Ch. 39-END)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
Well it didn't end the way I thought it would. It definitely is a 3 star book for me. Not my lowest rating but definitely not my highest rating. While I'm curious to see what happens next I'm not dying to know the next part of the story. It will for sure make an interesting movie though.

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
Just finished! I'd give the book 4 stars right after finishing it. There were parts I really loved and other parts that bored me. A LOT of moving parts. I think the book also reminded me of a lot of other things: The Maze Runner, The Hunger Games, Red Queen (Red Rising was out before though), and many more I can't think of at the moment. This isn't a bad thing at all, but just something I noticed. The writing felt very manic at times to me -- lots and lots of thoughts spewing out all at once. That being said, I really did like the characters and I am definitely going to read the next book!

message 4: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments I finished it. The last part was like pulling teeth. I should have DNFd it. I really think I should not read science fiction or fantasy books. They just aren't fun to read. I enjoyed the first part of it up until wife died but after that it just lost me. I wound up speeding up the audio just to get it over with. Leaning towards a 2 or 1 star. Will have to think about it. Certainly will not pick up book 2.

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam (woohoobooks) I just finished and I'm really surprised at how much I enjoyed this! I've read very little sci-fi/dystopian so this was such a fresh story to me. I've never read The Hunger Games but I do know the general premise and I can definitely see how the base storyline was similar. For me, however, the writing and the characters were so refreshing and it really captivated me every time I picked it up to read. I laughed and I cried and I loved how all the characters are so twisted that you can't fit them in a perfect box. I can't wait to pick up the next book and I'm so glad this group helped me pick up this one!