Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reading/Editing for all types of fiction

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 110 comments I am a published author and journalist with over twenty years experience of editing and writing. I can read your book with an editor's eye, along with the understanding of someone who has been through the same revision process. I offer Beta Reading combined with editing suggestions and also include a report. I charge £45 (approx $71) for a full manuscript (final draft only) up to 100 K words. Anything over 100 K will be £65 (approx 102 dollars). Please leave a message for me on this thread with your email or email me via goodreads with genre and word length and I will give you further info.

message 2: by Mannah (last edited Nov 23, 2015 09:51PM) (new)

Mannah Pierce | 5 comments Sherron wrote: "I am a published author and journalist with over twenty years experience of editing and writing. I can read your book with an editor's eye, along with the understanding of someone who has been thro..."

I am a Science Fiction author seeking a beta. I have two books out and I am working on the third. I have a self-publishing arrangement in place that includes proofreading and light-touch editing. What I need is someone to give me input before that, during the writing process. I had an excellent beta for the first two books but she is too busy now. Happy to pay your rates if the working relationship looks like it will work. Please email me on mannahpierce@gmail.com if you are interested.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 110 comments Thanks for your query. I’m not sure what you’re asking for. I’m not a development editor with story lines. I beta read and propose editing on the completion of a manuscript. Without seeing the entirety of your story I don't see how I can be much help, because I won't be able to see how your story is going, so not sure I'm the right person for you.

message 4: by Mannah (last edited Nov 24, 2015 02:02AM) (new)

Mannah Pierce | 5 comments I do not want help with the story line, just the immediacy and impact of the language. Is it clear who is speaking? Can you imagine the location from the limited description? Does the language flow smoothly? (I like my language to be almost invisible.)

Thank you for considering it.

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 110 comments No problem Mannah. In that case I can help. I've sent you an email. Best wishes

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary Alderete | 19 comments Hello,
Do you have availability to beta-read my manuscript?

My book has been professional edited last year.
It has also been beta-read several times. I have since rewritten it twice.

I would love another beta reader with fresh eyes to look at my rewritten manuscript.

Deadline: (hopefully) would you be able to read it by December 16th, 2015?

Title: Mentors and Monsters
Word count: 133K words
Pages: 289 pages.
Genre: Paranormal/Horror story set in a public accounting firm.

Story: The new associates in a public accounting firm struggle to keep their heads above water in the firm as they try to learn their job. They find out there is a monster in the company who is more than happy to help them succeed for a 'price.'

Warning: there is murder, torture, bad language, but no sex scenes.

Would you be interested?

Please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Email: mary.e.alderete@gmail.com