/r/Fantasy Discussion Group discussion

2015 Book Club Discussions > December 2015: Nominate for the Book of the Month!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joel (new)

Joel (deliriumtrigger) | 312 comments Looks like it's about that time again, let's get nominations rolling for December!

As always, rules are as follows:

1) Each person is allowed ONE vote, either a nomination OR a "second"

2) Once a book is "seconded", it is added to the poll list

3) Once five books are on the poll list, this thread closes and voting begins

4) No self promotion allowed - if outside vote stacking or promotion is discovered, a book will be DQ'd automatically.

Thanks everyone!

message 2: by Joel (new)

Joel (deliriumtrigger) | 312 comments I'll open the nominations with Traitor's Blade by Sebastien de Castell, which is brilliant and wonderful.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Wright | 33 comments I'll nominate Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson. I'm listening to the audiobook right now and I'm enjoying it.

It's the second in a trilogy, but the first is fast and easy to read if you haven't started it yet.

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Second Shadows of Self.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 34 comments Me! Me! ... no wait... Bloodrush by Ben Galley - I'm reading it (very slowly as per usual) and it's a front runner in the final 10 of the self-published fantasy contest I organised this year.

message 6: by Harv (new)

Harv | 10 comments Seconding Traitor's Blade, I'd like to get around to reading the sequel at some point.

message 7: by Aleem (new)

Aleem (meelapo) The Red Knight (The Traitor Son Cycle, #1) by Miles Cameron.

message 8: by James (new)

James Chatham (jameschatham) I second The Red Knight.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (tenaciousreader) | 301 comments I'm going to nominate Black Wolves by Kate Elliot. Finished it recently and is one of my favorite new epic fantasies of the year.

Tracey the Lizard Queen Second Black Wolves

message 11: by Rory (new)

Rory I'd like to nominate The Gunslinger by Stephen King. I've been meaning to get into the dark tower for a while.

message 12: by Mark (new)

Mark | 41 comments Mark wrote: "Me! Me! ... no wait... Bloodrush by Ben Galley - I'm reading it (very slowly as per usual) and it's a front runner in the final 10 of the self-published fantasy contest I organised ..."

2nd this one, ben'son my tbr list for january

message 13: by Lisa (last edited Nov 23, 2015 12:36PM) (new)