Continent Read-a-thon discussion

December > North American Authors

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin (thebookjazz) | 35 comments Mod
Our last month of the readathon starts soon :(

Any North American authors you think deserve more credit?
Post them here!

message 2: by Nicole (last edited Nov 28, 2015 10:57AM) (new)

Nicole (ofbooksandtrees) To be honest, this is the month I'm the least excited for.. Mosly because American books are everywhere already, but also because I kinda already read the books that I planned on reading for december this month(november).

Wanted to read the The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian (because; native american)
& Go Set a Watchman (because; to kill a mockingbird is one of my faves and while I wasn't sure whether I wanted to read this when I first heard about it, I did get curious.)
but yeah, already read them this month because I got the from the library early

I'll probably read I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings and/or The Color Purple in December. Maybe along with some other books that just 'happen to be written by an american' because let's be honest, probably 60% (if not more) of the books on my shelves are written by americans. (the others mostly by authors from the UK and some Dutch authors as well)

message 3: by Terry (new)

Terry | 26 comments I'll start with 'A Conspiracy of Paper', by David Liss. Here it is the ninth and I have yet to begin. A number of things have slowed my reading pace considerably, unfortunately. If I finish 'Conspiracy' in time, I'll find a second North American book to read.

Happy Reading everyone!