Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

Short Story eBooks

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new)

Rob Hey Everyone

Tomorrow will be the release of the first short story eBook, the Perfect Weapon. I hope to be able to read it before Thanksgiving. I'd love to hear people's thoughts on it.

We have 4 other stories coming out next week. Those look great and I plan to bit them. But then I heard there will be 6 stories when the hardcover is released. Does that mean I have to buy them twice?

I must say I love the title "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"

message 2: by C. (new)

C. Banister | 6 comments Anyone else read these? I've read Perfect Weapon and enjoyed it, hoping that the cliffhanger ending is going to be resolved somewhere.

I've purchased the other four books, but I 'm about halfway through Aftermath and want to finish it before diving in.

message 3: by Jared (new)

Jared Mayes | 16 comments I read them all and loved them all. They're well worth the pocket change.

message 4: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new)

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
I currently reading through Perfect Weapon. Liking it so far

message 5: by Scott (last edited Dec 04, 2015 01:07PM) (new)

Scott Mobley | 36 comments I've started with "High Noon on Jakku" & "All Creatures Great & Small"... let's just say that they are not "Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina" thus far. I thought the constable story was whimsical and the Bobbajo story left me very disappointed. Both were very kiddy, too kiddy for my tastes. I believe "The Perfect Weapon" is geared more towards adults, and I'm still holding out hope for the other two too.

message 6: by Rob (new)

Rob I've finished them all now and I enjoyed each of them for what I think they are - sketches of background characters.

Perfect Weapon - espionage with a Lost twist
High Noon - western
Face of Evil - Frankenstein
Crimson Corsair - pirates with a little Errol Flynn
All Creatures - whimsical storytelling

My favorite is the Crimson Corsair. I loved the title when I first heard about it - very campy, like a title you would see from a Flash Gordon episode. The story itself was right on the money, including several humorous parts. The story could easily fit in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie (with obvious changes of course).

I also think this story has the potential of having the most impact to the new canonical Star Wars. I can't say more without getting into spoilers. Not an earth-shattering impact, but ripe with potential.

message 7: by Adam (new)

Adam Fisher (fisherad80) | 1 comments Depending on whether or not your local library uses Hoopla, this 4 ebooks are available on there for free, as well as Before the Awakening and a few others.

message 8: by Josh (new)

Josh | 2 comments We need more adult canon books. Slim pickings right now. Here's a dirty little droid book picker: http://public.tableau.com/profile/jos...

message 9: by Louis (new)

Louis Christakes | 19 comments I agree that we need more adult books. I am now finishing the x-wing books, star fighters of Adumar, because there is nothing to read. I hope they will start ramping up production soon.

message 10: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Louis wrote: "I agree that we need more adult books. I am now finishing the x-wing books, star fighters of Adumar, because there is nothing to read. I hope they will start ramping up production soon."
I'm lucky. Local library has a die hard Star Wars employee/fan who gets most books, etc... for circulation. So can check out the young adult stuff at leisure. But Disney franchise SW could use a solid adult story.