Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please combine or merge numerous editions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (new)

Frank Freudberg (frankfreudberg) | 12 comments Good morning, and thank you for helping. Somehow, there are four or so different editions of "Baby Please Don't Go." Not sure how I caused that to happen (I assume I'm the guilty party), but it did. Please combine or merge them, or let me know what I should do. Again, thanks for your valuable time.
Best regards, Frank Freudberg

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Managed to merge one paperback; you need a super for the other. There is one marked Kindle with ISBN 9780984594542 that I don't know what it is, but the super may be able to figure it out.

message 3: by Frank (new)

Frank Freudberg (frankfreudberg) | 12 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Managed to merge one paperback; you need a super for the other. There is one marked Kindle with ISBN 9780984594542 that I don't know what it is, but the super may be able to figure it out."

Thanks for your time and help! But sorry, I'm not familiar with what you mean by "super" (supervisor?). Anyway, please instruct me on what to do to resolve the ISBN issue you've identified -- and/or how do I contact a super. Again, thanks Abcdarian!

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Nov 23, 2015 09:07AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Sorry, I should have explained. A super-librarian has more power to fix things. One of them should notice this thread before too long. If it was just the merge, there is another thread for that, but there's also the odd ISBN, so we'll just leave things here.

message 5: by Frank (new)

Frank Freudberg (frankfreudberg) | 12 comments Hi Abcdarian. So far, I haven't heard from any supers. Any idea how I could make that happen? Thanks again.

message 6: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19921 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Managed to merge one paperback; you need a super for the other. There is one marked Kindle with ISBN 9780984594542 that I don't know what it is, but the super may be able to figure it out."

Merged the duplicate paperback edition.
Merged the Kindle edition with isbn. (The isbn belonges to the Kindle edition when you look inside on Amazon; we only list Kindle editions with the ASIN.)

Only one paperback and one Kindle edition remaining.

message 7: by Frank (new)

Frank Freudberg (frankfreudberg) | 12 comments Arenda wrote: "Abcdarian wrote: "Managed to merge one paperback; you need a super for the other. There is one marked Kindle with ISBN 9780984594542 that I don't know what it is, but the super may be able to figur..."

Thanks for your help and your time, Arenda. I appreciate it.

message 8: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Thanks Arenda. :-)