Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > HA Secret Santa 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Hello All, Ms Santa Claus here,

After popular demand, the Reindeer have managed to get me here. As we all love reading, especially horror, what would be better then to actually receive a good book to read for Christmas.

If you are interested in participating let me know. I think if we start now and have a deadline by November 30th, everyone should get there secret santa present in time for Christmas.

If you are interested send me your full name and address, to my inbox with either a few titles for your Santa to choose from or a link to your wishlist if you have one (normally a great idea to have a wishlish set up).

By 1st/2nd December you will all know who you will have to get your little present for, but remember, it is Secret Santa so don't let it slip who you got!

Rules (I know rules at Christmas, but they are there for a reason):
1. DO NOT BE A CHEAPSKATE AND SEND YOUR OWN BOOK AS THE MAIN GIFT.

2. PLEASE HONOUR PEOPLE'S WISH LIST IF THEY HAVE ONE. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THEIR WHOLE LIST, BUT THERE HAS TO BE AT LEAST ONE ITEM FROM THEIR LIST SENT TO THEM!

3. THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHETHER YOU CAN AFFORD TO PARTICIPATE WHEN THE HOLIDAY GET'S NEARER. IT'S NOT FAIR FOR PEOPLE TO PULL OUT OF THE PROGRAM AT THE LAST MINUTE.

4. IF YOU WISH TO SEND ADDITION GIFTS TO YOUR SANTA, THIS IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU. AS LONG AS YOU ALL RECEIVE AT LEAST 1 BOOK TO UNWRAP THAT IS ON YOUR WISHLIST, THEN I KNOW I HAVE DONE MY JOB.

5. PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ALL YOUR DETAILS WITH THE HEADING, "HA SECRET SANTA 2015".

6. DO NOT GIVE OUT SOMEONE'S ADDRESS TO A THIRD PARTY WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!!

7. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SENT YOUR GIFT OUT AND PLEASE SHARE WITH US ALL WHAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED.

It's all a bit of fun, so lets get in to the Christmas spirit and start sending me your details.

Only 32 sleeps until Christmas, Let us all get the Christmas spirit flowing.

Merry Christmas, from your own Ms Santa Claus!

message 2: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments Thank you for organizing this!!!

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments No problem. :o)

message 4: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis Sounds like fun! Going to send in my info.
Just a question though... Do we reveal who we are when we send the gift or does it remain a secret forever?

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments Reveal, yes?

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments That is up to you. Maybe you could put a card or something in your parcel saying who you are.

message 7: by Missy (new)

Missy | 199 comments Thank you for organizing this. I would love to be a part of this again :)

message 8: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments How many books did you get last year? How many did you submit?

message 9: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) I'm in again I have enjoyed it last 2 years that I started doing this.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments Thank you for organizing this again this year!

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Welcome aboard guys. Missy don't forget to send me your details.

message 12: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10650 comments Mod
Sure I'll join! I'll send you my info when I get home.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Excellent

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 130 comments Love doing this book exchange. I took a backseat to this the last couple of years due to having my sons but I'm really looking forward to doing this again. It sure is fun. Thanks again for organizing this. I will PM my info very soon. Happy reading everyone.

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Hey all, Last day to get me your details and join in the fun.

message 16: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments By now you should all have your secret Santa. Please share with us what you got from Santa.

message 17: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) Just placed my order for my secret santa

message 18: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments Bought mine. Will mail on Tuesday! :)

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments Just ordered mine. My person should get them Wednesday. :)

message 20: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis I put my package in the mail yesterday. Am super excited to meet my person and the person who has me!

message 21: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Message to Carlos from your Secret Santa:

I ordered your gifts today. there is more than 1 and I hope you enjoy them.

message 22: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 130 comments Half of my ss gift is complete. Just waiting on the other half. My package should be going out by the end of the week.

message 23: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments Package mailed!!! Six days and Santa will be there for my person.

message 24: by Lena (last edited Dec 08, 2015 09:02PM) (new)

Lena | 2357 comments Oh my gosh Vicki! I almost cried when I got my package. I've just come back sweaty and tired as hell from a six mile run and got your package(s), they are so pretty and the card thoughtful. The little owl is adorable too. You put all secret Santa's to shame. Your packages are under my tree and I think they are nicer than the old tree!

message 25: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments Went to Amazon and stepped up my Secret Santa game. Vicki you've inspired and made someone else's Christmas better.

message 26: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis Awesome! I am glad you got it. I cant wait for you to open them!

message 27: by Pamellia (new)

Pamellia (michiganparents) I'm pleased to see this going on! I could not participate this year but wish the best for all my peeps here at HA.

message 28: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10650 comments Mod
Aww! I ordered for my person and had everything sent to them. I was worried about them getting there on time so I didn't get to pretty them up.

message 29: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis I got my package today!!
Super excited to have received Little Girls by Ronald Malfi AND The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary by Simon Winchester. They came directly from Amazon (what a great idea! I didnt think of that) with a note saying from Secret Santa.
I would totally love to know who you are Secret Santa so I can thank you. Send me a message if you want.

message 30: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments You deserve it Vicki and I loved your gift wrapping. I'm happily looking at them now under my tree near my reading chair. I've decided I want all my presents to be books.

message 31: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 862 comments I received my Secret Santa gift last night. Thank you, SS!

message 32: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments So what did Santa bring you all?

message 33: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 130 comments Ooo yes Katy. What did you receive? :)

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments Hi Vicki,

So glad you liked the books! I went thru your list and picked out 2 I thought you might want to read right away. So glad you are happy with them. Merry
Christmas! Jennifer

Vicki wrote: "I got my package today!!
Super excited to have received Little Girls by Ronald Malfi AND The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Maki..."</i>

<i>Vicki wrote: "I got my package today!!
Super excited to have received [book:Little Girls
by Ronald Malfi AND [book:The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Maki..."

message 35: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 862 comments Natalie wrote: "Ooo yes Katy. What did you receive? :)"

My SS sent me a gift card, and I ordered Horrorstor with it. It's already been shipped.

I love that idea. Still have a little left on the card for next month's group read!

message 36: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 130 comments Just a heads up to my secret Santa your present is on its way. You are going to be one happy person. Should be there early next week.

message 37: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 753 comments I lost my list of addresses for the card swap. Can you send them again please?

message 38: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 130 comments Not sure why my post didn't go through but thank you Lena for my package from Amazon. I'm super excited to start reading Skagboys by Irvine Welsh. And I see you are sending a little more holiday cheer. Can't wait to see what other clever things you came up with. Thanks again.

message 39: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments You're welcome Natalie! Yes, there is more on the way. Can there really be too many presents when presents are books, lol?

message 40: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 130 comments LENA!!!!! You are so super awesome. I had such a busy day with the kids and Christmas stuff and to come home and see your second package on my front stoop just made my day. All I can say is thank you so much. I've been wanting the haunted bookshop by Christopher Morley for so long and the adult coloring book Lost Ocean is going to look great with my other book and I can't wait to start coloring it. Thanks again for being so sweet.

message 41: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments That makes me so happy to hear! It's the same feeling I enjoyed receiving my own package. This was the best idea.

message 42: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 130 comments Lena I'm curious, have you not opened your package yet? Are you waiting for Christmas?

message 43: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2357 comments Yes I am. Vicki wrapped them beautifully and included a lovely jewelry style bookmark. They are under my tree.

message 44: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 130 comments Oh you are so good. When it comes to books I can't wait. Can't wait to hear what you received.

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments I finally went to the post office tonight and found:
Off Season (Dead River, #1) by Jack Ketchum
in a package! Can't wait to read it! Has to be from my Secret Santa who is??? I would love to thank you!!

message 46: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) I'm glad you got it, you have another coming.

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments Thank you so much Carlos! I can't wait to start reading!!

message 48: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 862 comments Having so much fun this year. And I love reading the comments.

Sharon, thanks for organizing Secret Santa again!

message 49: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments You are welcome

message 50: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) Jennifer Off Season is one of my favorites, you will enjoy it for sure.

« previous 1