What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Heroine and humanoid species are imprisoned on an alien planet.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim | 1 comments Hello goodreads members, just want to start off by saying I'm new to this site, so I apologize for my awkwardness. I'm looking for a book that I read a while ago, guessing from 1995 - 2005. I remember the heroine and other humans were on an alien planet, and I can't remember if they were taken by force, but their situation was grim - I think they had poor supply of food and shelter. I believe it was a desert like atmosphere. There was a different/alien humanoid race, trapped on the planet as well. The humans distrusted/disliked this humanoid race for some reason, perhaps they had a bad reputation. The humanoids were bigger and stronger than the humans. Maybe less intelligent and dangerously aggressive. There was a peaceful/harmless cow like alien species there too, that were eventually discovered (by the heroine, and to her horror) being slaughtered, by her captors, for food. In the end, the humans some how work together with the humanoids to over come their obstacles and she falls in love with one of them. I remember a sex scene near the end, so it wouldn't be classified under the YA genre. I know my information is quite vague, but I've been meaning to identify this novel and author for a while now and have tried, with no luck, to find this book on my own. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Tyvm.

message 2: by K.L. (new)

K.L. | 72 comments Hi, Could you be talking about the Anne McCaffrey books? She had 2 series 'Doona' and the 'Catenni Sequence' which sound similar? She's actually written quite a few series with a similar theme including Dinosaur Planet and the Petaybee Series. Might be worth having a look... Hope this helps

message 3: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1229 comments I agree with K.l. on suggesting the Catteni books, that sounds like a good fit to what I remember, try Freedom's Landing for the first.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Kim, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Kim, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.