Being A Girl discussion

Journals > athena_griffinclaw_erudite

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angel, Hair Flipping Fashionista (new)

Angel (angelyh) | 2591 comments Mod

message 2: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments Hi there!

I LOVE books and writing!I write and read fanfiction! I love YouTube! In this journal I'll be posting junky stories, vent, possibly quizzes but it's a place where I can interact with you guys! The only rule is just to be respectful. I might have to report if anyone is not being polite. Constructive criticism is accepted however please don't go as harsh as me accepting it as hate and cyber- bullying.
athena_gryffinclaw_erudite

message 3: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments What do you guys want for Christmas? I'd love to know

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 1320 comments Ipad
Iphone
A Bicycle
A free trip to Puerto
A scholarship
the ist is long :)

message 5: by Gwyneth (new)

Gwyneth | 308 comments Hopefully transfer to another uni if I had a chance :/
Silver Minnie Mouse ears so I can wear to Disneyland

message 6: by Angel, Hair Flipping Fashionista (new)

Hah, that's some expensive stuff Gwyn XD

message 7: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments What do you guys think of YouTubers publishing books? I have opinions but I want to discuss with you guys. Any opinions?

message 8: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments Wrapped the presents I'm giving. And also a Christmas List:
1.A bottle of patience
2.A swimming pool of positivity
3.A computer installed in my head (cyborg wannabe)
4.A trip to the future
5.The first year of Albus Potter's Hogwarts experience in book form (preferably a 1000 pages at the minimum)
6. A ticket to spend my summer at Camp Half Blood

These are illegitimate things that I want to be able to have. I guess everyone can have wishes. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOMEONE DO ONE OF THESE LISTS SO I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY CRAZY PERSON!

message 9: by Philippa (last edited Dec 23, 2015 08:13AM) (new)

Philippa | 179 comments I have read two of the books you posted the names of. 'Inkheart' and 'The School for Good and Evil' are alright. I personally preferred 'Inkheart', but hey, you can make your own decisions :)

I like the idea of YouTubers posting books, but I would want their books to be written from the heart, and not ghostwritten as in the case of Zoe Sugg. I don't watch her videos anyway, though, so... Yep. Pewdiepie's book looks rather good, but expensive for its content.

Also, DO YOU SHIP SCORBUS?!

message 10: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments My legitimate list is just books. Some of the books I want:
All I Know Now Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully by Carrie Hope Fletcher Inkheart by Cornelia Funke The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani Untamed (Splintered, #3.5) by A.G. Howard Inkspell (Inkworld, #2) by Cornelia Funke Inkdeath (Inkheart Trilogy) by Cornelia Funke

message 11: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments Hey! I will probably get 'The School for Good and Evil' from the library because I already know I'm getting 'Inkheart' so that's sorted.

I completely agree on YouTubers writing their books from the heart. My friends don't believe it's ghostwritten but I still strongly believe that. I did actually read Girl Online this month and it 'meh'. I didn't really like the romance because it wasn't realistic at all but I enjoyed the cyber bullying aspect. The reason I put 'All I Know Now' by Carrie Hope Fletcher on my list is because she actually cares about the book world. I have some sympathy for famous YouTubers who aren't really part of the book world but it's not a lot. I feel like Carrie's book is genuine. I've been watching her for a year and a half now and she's such an inspirational person. But yes I agree, the book comes from the heart.

I feel a little dumb saying this but I have no idea who Scorbus is! I'm sorry

message 12: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments I just want to touch on my thought that ThePointlessBook is basically Wreck This Journal.

message 13: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments Prologue of my Fantasy Story [First Draft]

The screams filled the small village of Northern Chelsea. They were so piercing and attention wanting that everyone stopped what they were doing and searched for the source of the shrieks.

"HELP!"

Clinton and his search party ran to the direction that they estimated the scream had come from. They turned to the corner of the street to find the old house that no one had lived in for years. Clinton heard the others gasp.

The small cottage was engulfed in flames, ashes flying from the opened windows. He didn't hesitate; he kicked the door open to find a small creature six feet away. A girl.

She hugged an old tattered book to her chest as if it were a newborn baby. She looked about four years old, with hair as black as the devil's soul, pale ceramic skin and electric blue eyes.

A large flame separated them and it was soon going to reach her fragile body. Clinton felt the nausea expanding in his stomach. He panicked for a moment before suddenly lunging at the little girl and lifting her by the waist.

She began to kick and squirm in his embrace but he kept a strong hold.

"What's your name kiddo?" Clinton asked softly.

The child refused to answer him. She was hysterical, mucus running down her nose, her eyes bloodshot and clutched her throat, gesturing that it ached from all the screaming. Clinton had no idea what had happened to the little girl. Where were her parents? He held the child a fair distance away from the flames and used all his momentum to open the door and get out.

message 14: by Philippa (new)

Philippa | 179 comments athena_gryffinclaw_erudite wrote: "Hey! I will probably get 'The School for Good and Evil' from the library because I already know I'm getting 'Inkheart' so that's sorted.

I completely agree on YouTubers writing their books from th..."

Cool, cool, and Scorbus = AlbusxScorpius!!!

message 15: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments Ohh I guess I do. I don't know

message 16: by Philippa (new)

Philippa | 179 comments *fist-bumps air* Another one converted to the dark side...

message 17: by Angel, Hair Flipping Fashionista (new)

omg

message 18: by Philippa (new)

Philippa | 179 comments What?

message 19: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 20 comments Hey guys! I know it's really late but I'm going to do a quick list of what I got for Christmas! Books:
All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully
Inkheart
One Wish
Stationary:
A pack of metallic, glittery and neon gel pens
A Cath Kidston pencil case
Cath Kidston Pack of pencils
Cath Kidston rubber
A journal
Beauty/Random:
Along came Betty: Kissalicious Lip Gloss
Along Came Betty: Peachy Keen Hands Lotion
A pair of gold studs [compulsory if you've got your ears pierced. No other earrings allowed :( ]
The Lush Magic Wand
4 pairs of Hogwarts shoe liners
A stocking full of sweets
Lots of cards

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year! I would love to know what you got in the comments!