Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Opinions > Top 10 Indie Authors

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Sparber | 7 comments In researching our book, we read over two hundred YA novels. What surprised us was that many of our favorites are self-published. I'd love to know who your favorite indie authors are and, if you've got time...why :-)

message 2: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Sparber | 7 comments OK, here are mine:

Sutton Shields
Jena Leigh
K.E. Ganshert
Skye Malone
Desni Dantone

And an honorable mention to a fabulous Aussie writer who, like me, only has one book on her shelf... but it's fabulous:

Susan Fodor

message 4: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Sparber | 7 comments Thanks for sharing, Sheree!

message 5: by Sheree Bonita (new)

Sheree Bonita (shereebonita) | 25 comments A.J. wrote: "Thanks for sharing, Sheree!"

Oh, I never said why!

David Estes books keep me very engaged. He has multiple characters in the books and he manages to make each of them very real!

Rachel Schade - I've beta read her YA Novel she's working on and it reminds me a lot of the way Sarah J Maas writes. Very strong female characters with such a deep story line!

message 6: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Sparber | 7 comments Excellent! Thank you. Strong female characters are essential, in my opinion... or at least a female protagonist who grows into her strength. Our young adults need positive role models!

Our debut novel was so fun to write because we are a husband and wife team and characterization was by committee (of two). The objective was to write a compelling story, with a message, without being preachy, and with romantic elements that are appropriate for our daughter. Tall order that :-)

Have you read any paranormal titles that you liked?

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Woods (theemmawoods) | 5 comments I gave my niece Wind Catcher by Jeff and Erynn Altabef for Christmas, but I haven't read it yet. I love strong female characters, but this time it was all about the author... Erynn is still in high school. Kudos to her!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 152 comments Annette Marie, I've just read her first book and I went ahead and bought the rest of the series.

Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone #1) by Annette Marie

message 9: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Annette Marie, I've just read her first book and I went ahead and bought the rest of the series.

Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone #1) by Annette Marie"

I do like Steel and Stone series. I am waiting for Book 5 in March!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 152 comments MadameZelda wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Annette Marie, I've just read her first book and I went ahead and bought the rest of the series.

Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone #1) by Annette Marie"

I do like Steel and Stone seri..."

I'm doing a buddy read for one book a month! I'm so tempted to gorge on them so that I can get to book 5!

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Chase the Dark (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Estes (other topics)
Rachel L. Schade (other topics)