Art Lovers discussion

Show us your Written Art! > How to Get to My House on Lyric Life podcast

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1891 comments Mark Scarborough’s podcasts, Lyric Life, is a wonderful series where he devotes a short discussion to a variety of lyric poems. He’s a good reader, and an excellent commentator whose observations are short, keen and understandable. His latest episode is devoted to my poem, How to Get to My House.

The previous discussions were of poems by Emily Dickinson, Gerard Manley Hopkins, Philip Larkin, Stephen Dunn and Kay Ryan. To say I’m thrilled to be in such heady company would be a royal understatement. Whee!

To listen up, there are a variety of ways you get to it, including iTues, but I think this is the easiest: http://www.bruceandmark.com/mark/ If my poem doesn't come up click on "more episodes" above the picture and scroll down to number 8.

message 2: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8276 comments You know, Ruth, I think it is wonderful how you keep us updated on your works and achievements.

I like the brief description you gave of the podcasts of Mark Scarborough. That sounds really interesting. I will definitely check out the link you posted, especially your poem. Thank you!

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1891 comments Well I think it's wonderful that you appreciate them. Thank you.