Perustopia Book Club discussion

When you don't like a book?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lois (new)

Lois (loiszuger) | 8 comments I created an exclusive shelf and called it "gave up", other people call it "lost interest"

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 69 comments That's what I did too! Mine is called "I doubt I finish" :)

message 3: by Lollie (new)

Lollie (braverteabooks) | 24 comments I have one too, its called abandoned. If I'm not liking a book or struggling to finish it I just stop and move on to something else. I find its not worth the struggle to push myself through it.

message 4: by Raki Oddbooks (new)

Raki Oddbooks same here, I created a list called "hard to finish". I add books I didn't want to finish at the time, but am willing to give another chance.

message 5: by Satya (new)

Satya (satcchi) | 27 comments When I don't like a book but already added it to currently-reading, I'd close the book and pur it on my shelf and not touch it forever and then I'd mark it as read on goodreads and add it to my not-even-bother-to-finish shelf

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison | 57 comments If I'm just not in the mood for it, I may leave it on the currently reading shelf to see if I feel like reading it in the next few weeks. If I just really don't like it, I created a shelf called "Abandoned" for the books I just won't finish.

message 7: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl Martin As of this year i finally started giving up on books. With a one year old i just dont bother. I usually change it back to want to read and delete it but i may create a new folder now that its been mentioned!

message 8: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) my shelf for those books is called 'dnf' for did not finish :)

message 9: by Jagoda (new)

Jagoda | 12 comments Okay, so my way is a bit different than yours. Basically, I add it back to "to read" . ;)

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy | 665 comments Jagoda wrote: "Okay, so my way is a bit different than yours. Basically, I add it back to "to read" . ;)"

thats what i do, then i read it whenever i feel like it

message 11: by Abbey (new)

Abbey Nutter | 44 comments I just sneakily mark it as to read again and then take it off there

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 31 comments If I just can't get into a book that I am "currently reading" I put it back in my "to be read" shelf where it magically gets "lost" in all of my other books.

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 5 comments Depends on how far I got in the book. If I only made it a few pages and lost interest right away, I remove it from my shelves. But if I read most of it, or at least enough of it to get the story beyond the synopsis, then I mark it as read and move on.

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) I have a shelf called "set-aside-or-quick-dnf" if I don't get 3/4 of the way through. If I do, I review it anyway and add it to my "did-not-finish" shelf, as I did with A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray .