You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > December Toppler

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8286 comments This is going to be an easy one, with all the holiday things going on.

This Toppler is a 24 hour one. It will start on Saturday, noon EST, and Sunday, noon EDT.

You're going to choose 5 books. I know you won't read them all, but you want to have a variety. A holiday spirit (eggnog, an elf, a polar bear...) will choose your book for you.

I'll post the actual Toppler when the date is chosen.

message 2: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Sounds fun!!

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 14711 comments Looking forward to it!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18213 comments Fun fun fun!

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 1133 comments :D

message 6: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3332 comments I'm already planning my five books. So excited!

message 7: by KimeyDiann (new)

KimeyDiann | 2174 comments I know you will post details when time for the actual toppler, but I keep wondering.... Is it going to be any 5 books or will they need to center around a certain theme or task?

message 8: by Sandra, Moderator (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9625 comments I was wondering the same thing, Kimey. I was gophering for Dec challenge and started a pre-selection, but I'm not sure if is not better just wait for the task to be published.

message 9: by CFDeeDee (new)

CFDeeDee I was waiting for this .. Was going to start a book !! I added it to my currently reading list but didn't start it yet .. I think I'll save it !

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds fun! I have a few in mind already

message 11: by Amanda (Mandy) (new)

Amanda (Mandy) | 656 comments I am interested, but it really depends on what date is picked. I am completely booked all day the 12th so if that day wins, then I am unfortunately out.

message 12: by Canadian Dragon (new)

Canadian Dragon | 1020 comments Sounds interesting! I am in

message 13: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8286 comments Pick any five books you want to read. If they happen to fit a challenge or group read that's great. But remember, you won't get to choose which book you'll read :p

message 14: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8286 comments Amanda (Mandy) wrote: "I am interested, but it really depends on what date is picked. I am completely booked all day the 12th so if that day wins, then I am unfortunately out."

Or you could stay up all night... LOL

message 15: by Sandra, Moderator (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9625 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Pick any five books you want to read. If they happen to fit a challenge or group read that's great. But remember, you won't get to choose which book you'll read :p"

Ok. I guess some kind of fruit machine will choose. Or other member will choose for us. Or something.
Do we need to report here the 5 books we are choosing?

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18213 comments I'm guessing we wait Sandra until the date is set and J'mom releases more information.

message 17: by Sandra, Moderator (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9625 comments Ok. Thank you, Sarah.

message 18: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (librarymom23) It will depend on the date that is chosen as to if I can take part or not. Fingers crossed!

message 19: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 836 comments I'm intrigued. The 12th is winning in the pole at the moment, so it may not work out for me. However, if the other dates come through, I'm in!

message 20: by Amanda (Mandy) (new)

Amanda (Mandy) | 656 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Amanda (Mandy) wrote: "I am interested, but it really depends on what date is picked. I am completely booked all day the 12th so if that day wins, then I am unfortunately out."

Or you could stay u..."

I have something that morning and then a work Christmas party that night. So I will be up late that night, but it won't be reading a book. LOL!

message 21: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8286 comments As long as you're having fun! ☺