What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Historical fantasy from the 60s- They transform into Boars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erry (new)

Erry | 1 comments Hi! I am searching for a book my mum read back in the late 60s or 70s- and so my search is rather vague.
The story, which is possibly YA or middle grade, is set in ancient Britain, probably anglo-saxon era because of mentions of wodin.
The part that she remembers most is that it features a clan of people who either transform, or think they transform, into boars when they hunt. Boars in general were important- the clan have them on their shields.
I haven't found anything through extensive internet searches, so I'm hoping someone here could help!
Thank you.

message 2: by Waldo (new)

Waldo Varjak | 97 comments This sounds very good to me so I am along for this ride. This may not be "fantasy." Early Church fathers document were creatures, which are those persons who wear the skins of an (patron) animal and are outlaws. The way I read those accounts, it initially sounds like a fantasy trip but later they explain how these creatures come to be in reality and the facts come through. I have not run across were-boars however.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Erry, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Waldo (new)

Waldo Varjak | 97 comments Too bad. This search could have used a few bumps. I am still interested in this answer. I cannot believe it's been three years next month.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Erry, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.