Goonie Girls discussion

General > What are you reading currently?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (gcrokzzzzz) | 6 comments Mod
Just curious what everyone's currently reading? I'm trying to finish A Canticle for Leibowitz but it's pretty boring. I started a Christmas themed "dirty" book lol. The other book club I'm in read it last year for Christmas and I never did so I'm taking advantage of their time off to read it.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissalynsy) | 2 comments Mod
I'm reading lots of things right now- a few books for yoga namely, and also reading through the series of "a wrinkle in time". I really like a lot of young adult stuff haha. I'm also "reading" (listening to) a Nora Roberts series during my commute.

message 3: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (gcrokzzzzz) | 6 comments Mod
I want to read the Wrinkle in Time books!! It's on my Amazon wish list. I used to be a little judgy when it came to YA books and now I'm like "Self, read what you enjoy, girl!!". Have you heard of the Uglies series? It's a sort of dystopian world with this teenage girl and once they hit 13 years old or something, they go from Uglies to Pretties and have these crazy surgeries. It's pretty cool.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissalynsy) | 2 comments Mod
Oh yeah Tally-wa! I've read those... Lol, YA has been a guilty pleasure fav of mine for a long time, I'll read more serious stuff too, but I like well written YA stuff a lot. It's kinda frustrating sometimes because many of them really AREN'T well written and you have to sift through a lot of crap but there's some good gems..
The wrinkle in time books are amazing- very well written and there's a lot of science; like string theory and other explanations of what physicists believe (or did believe when it was written) to be true about time and space and other dimensions.. Plus there's some really excellent metaphors about overcoming ego with the most powerful force in the world (love). It compliments all my yoga readings about enlightenment and is pretty heavy content-wise for a kids series. Now that I've read it as an adult I can understand why she won all the awards she did.