Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Book cover changes

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy (new)

Peggy | 4 comments Last week I uploaded to Goodreads all new cover images for my Samantha Jamison Mystery Series Books 2-9, plus my Memoir, The Riviera is burning. The old cover images are still appearing as the main cover. Can you please help in permanently changing all these images? I have tried and can't do it? It is confusing to readers as all the new images are all posted correctly on Amazon but not Goodreads. You helped me a few weeks ago changing Book 1 image, The Puzzle and I am thankful for your help with that. I would so appreciate your help in correcting this issue.
Thank you, Peggy A. Edelheit, Author

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19920 comments As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile.
Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 3: by Peggy (new)

Peggy | 4 comments Arenda wrote: "As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile.
Here's how: https://www.goodreads.c..."

I don't want to edit the interior of the books, just their new covers. I downloaded the new covers to Amazon & Goodread for Books 2-9 & my French Memoir, The Riviera Is Burning. I see them but they are not the default covers!!! I have tried editing and it said only a librarian can change all the new covers for me. The only think it let's me as an author do is change the interior, which I do NOT want to do! Please help with the default to all my new covers which Goodreads has. I am so frustrated in trying to accomplish this one task. I need someone to do this for me. Thank you, Peggy A. Edelheit, Author of The Samantha Jamison Mystery Series.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16372 comments Arenda's post tells you how to set the default covers. It is pretty straightforward.

If you are asking us to change the old covers to the new ones, that will not happen as it is against policy.

message 5: by Peggy (new)

Peggy | 4 comments Scott wrote: "Arenda's post tells you how to set the default covers. It is pretty straightforward.

If you are asking us to change the old covers to the new ones, that will not happen as it is against policy."

I tried doing what she said to do and it wouldn't let me change the default covers only the interior of the books.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments It will not the change the covers, what msg 2 is telling you to do is change the edition of the book that displays in searches to users and thT is used as the default edition.

Currently the old cover shows because that edition is the one most shelved by users, once you set the new cover as the default edition, the new cover will display BUT the old covers will still remain.

When on the edit page of the book, when you select the link to set the default edition, you are not changing the book details

message 7: by Peggy (new)

Peggy | 4 comments So exactly how do I set the new covers as the default to the current book's interior? Obviously, I am doing something wrong here. I would so appreciated being guided in this process. Had no problem with Amazon website. But on Goodread's website I've already downloaded the new covers but nothing is sticking to the books just another photo that is offered. Peggy
P.S. Help... :))

message 8: by Paula (last edited Nov 25, 2015 12:15PM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Selecting this link

https://www.goodreads.com/book/edit/2...

Half way down the page on the right hand side should be "Set this book as the primary edition for this work". Option, , select that

If it is not showing you need to contact GR Support as librarians cannot help any further. Only author or staff can set the default editions

message 9: by Bea (new)

Bea Or she may need ACEs made for the book.s.

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Bea wrote: "Or she may need ACEs made for the book.s."

Message 1 states she uploaded the new covers, which are there as ACEs although not designated as such

message 11: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13571 comments I see an employee is working on them. Maybe they will set the default too.