Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > Team Ipilya

Comments Showing 1-50 of 310 (310 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30835 comments Mod
Ipilya

Mentor:
Renee

Renee (Captain)
Jodie (Co-Captain)
Sam (Co-Captain)
Amy
Karla K
Cassie
Tia
Amy Clark
Princess Godoy
Teresa
Talia
Jaime Tiavale
Jordan

Status Spreadsheet
Ipilya Spreadsheet
Ipilya BOOKS READ

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 6: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 7: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 266 comments Hello everyone!!

message 9: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 233 comments hi guys!! ☺

message 10: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 233 comments if ever, can I use my goalless books for the current goals?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone!! :~)

message 12: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresab78) | 1260 comments Hello!

message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_nguyen) | 124 comments Hello everyone.

So I guess this is a totally new team?

message 14: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 233 comments Sam wrote: "Hello everyone.

So I guess this is a totally new team?"

yes! :)

message 15: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10169 comments Yep, a totally new team.

For those doing the Egyptian quest (and for those who want to do it)

We can add info here and tab in spreadsheet.

message 16: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10169 comments Princess wrote: "if ever, can I use my goalless books for the current goals?"

Sure!

We imported all info - goals completed, BOMs read, books, etc.

So, feel free to use already read books for new goals.

Oh... and if you were reading to complete an older goal, you can still do it till tomorrow.

message 17: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresab78) | 1260 comments What's the Egyptian quest? Did I miss something?!

message 18: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10169 comments Teresa wrote: "What's the Egyptian quest? Did I miss something?!"

Nope.

Karsyn - Team Anubis captain - is a big fan of The Mummy, so, she created a quest about it, and most of the Egyptian teams were doing it - a fun way to increase and motivate reading.

I'm thinking on doing something of the likes for Greek - as soon as things get settled.

Since Khnum was an Egyptian team, some of its members were doing it. Hence, me asking.

message 19: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresab78) | 1260 comments Ah! :)

message 20: by Renee (new)

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments Hey Everyone!
Checkin out the new digs and new roomies. Can I have the top bunk? I'm a bit sleepy, so I'll chat more in the morning.

message 21: by CassieV (new)

CassieV | 1196 comments Hello ladies! (do we have any men? Apologies, if so!)

I'm from Khnum, but I don't have a preference on whether or not we restart the challenge.

Looking forward to getting moving with you all :)

message 22: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10169 comments CassieV wrote: "Hello ladies! (do we have any men? Apologies, if so!)

I'm from Khnum, but I don't have a preference on whether or not we restart the challenge.

Looking forward to getting moving with you all :)"

No men. :)

message 23: by Renee (new)

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments Here are our current goals

Open Goals 5
Read a book shelved (listed on the first page of the "top shelves" of the book) as german - plurals and minor spelling variations are acceptable
Read a book with the name of the tarot card "Judgement" in the text or title
Sort your "to read" shelf by 'date added' and read a book that is within Numbers 51-100 on your list (the first column before the book cover image)
Read a book that is in the "The BOOK was BETTER than the MOVIE" Listopia List (https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...)
Read a book where there is a computer virus or computer hacking

message 24: by CassieV (last edited Nov 23, 2015 06:36AM) (new)

CassieV | 1196 comments I'm currently reading Inkheart which works for "shelved as german" or "the book was better" (#53). I'm thinking the german one might be harder, but we can put it wherever needed.

message 25: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_nguyen) | 124 comments I'm currently reading Monsters of Men, which is #74 on my to-read list. I can do goal 21 :)

Also, do you guys want to do some get-to-know questions?

message 26: by Karla (new)

Karla (nojudgingallowed) | 20 comments Hi Renee,

I've actually completed goal 21 just a few hours ago :)

Sam- I love your idea, do you want to start with the questions ? :)

message 27: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 233 comments I finished goal 23 :) I posted it on the read books thread.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good @Sam :)

message 29: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_nguyen) | 124 comments Okay, since people seem to be interested in some good get-to-know questions:

1. Your name/ nickname/ how you want people to call you?
2. Where are you from? How is that place?
3. Your hobbies?
4. Your favourite book(s) and/or genre(s)?
5. Have you ever done a team challenge before?
6. How chatty/ social do you want to be in this challenge?

message 30: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_nguyen) | 124 comments I'll start:
1. My name is Sam. You can call me Sam or Sammy.
1. I'm from Vietnam, but I'm currently studying in a boarding school in Karuizawa, Japan. A very nice place. Autumn here is awesome. Winter is really cold though. We have snow for 5 months at least :)
3. Hobbies: reading, writing, baking, stargazing, etc.
4. I don't have a specific favourite book or genre. But I guess the trilogy that I'm really loving right now is Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness
5. Nope. This is my first team challenge.
6. I open goodreads everyday, so I'll contribute some words whenever necessary, I guess :)

HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS? :)

message 31: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 233 comments 1. Hi my name is Princess. I dont have a nickname thou
2. I live in the Philippines.
3. Aside from reading, I really love binge watching series and I do poetries.
4. I dont have a specific favorite genre(s) but looking at my favorite books list, most of them are contemporaries
5. Yes I've done team challenges before
6. I opened GR as much as I can so I will leaveca few messages or so.

:))

message 32: by Renee (new)

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments Thanks Sam for kicking off the get to know you questions.

1. Your name/ nickname/ how you want people to call you? My name's Renee, I more often answer to Mum - I have a 4 and a 6 year old.
2. Where are you from? How is that place? I live in Darwin in Australia. The weather is tropical here, so it's hot all year round.
3. Your hobbies? Of course, I love reading! My other passion is swing dancing, and I also have a book blog and I've started writing a novel.
4. Your favourite book(s) and/or genre(s)? I'm quite eclectic in my reading taste. My go to genres at the moment is chick lit/women's fiction/rural romance.
5. Have you ever done a team challenge before? This is my second Tower Teams. I've done all the team challenges over the past couple of years and I'm one of the moderators, so I get to see them from both sides.
6. How chatty/ social do you want to be in this challenge? I'm quite chatty, but also busy. I log on every day a couple of times, so will pop ion to see how everyone's doing.

message 33: by Renee (new)

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments Incase you're wondering who Ipilya is, here's what mighty Google told me - via the godchecker website...

IPILYA
Australian Storm God
Swamp-dwelling Gecko God who manufactures monsoons
He is an enormous lizard one hundred meters long who lives in a large swamp. That’s a serious amount of gecko.

He is responsible for thunderstorms and heavy rain. When the monsoon period is imminent, he slurps up large helpings of water and sludge which he squirts up into the sky where it forms into nice juicy thunderclouds.

With a bit of roaring, he sets things in motion and the torrents begin. With a final flourish of lightning flashes, he feels he has done his bit. Then he goes back to basking quietly in the swamp until next season.

Do not disturb him. Intruders will be severely slurped.

message 34: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 266 comments Hi, I'm Amy..its so short their is no other way to call me :)

I am from ocean city maryland

my hobbies are reading, crocheting, and learning to bake

my favorite books/genre is young adult, new adult, cozy mysteries,chic lit, and the occasional smut ;)

I have done TONS of team challenges. I have done every tower teams so far. then lots from other groups as well

I can be as chatty as ever or not at all, up to everyone else...

message 35: by Renee (new)

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments Current goals
Read a book shelved (listed on the first page of the "top shelves" of the book) as german - plurals and minor spelling variations are acceptable
Read a book where the edition you are reading was published on the 23th of a month
Read a book where the ISBN10 number has exactly 3 even numbers
Read a book where a character is extremely lucky

I've checked the first 30 books on the goalless books tab for date read, if someone else wants to check the rest, that would be awesome. Leave a note here or on read books thread if you find one published on the 23rd.

message 36: by CassieV (new)

CassieV | 1196 comments I'm Cassie, which is short for Cassandra, though my husband tends to shorten it further to Cass. ;) I'll pretty much answer to anything, though.

I live in Florida with my husband and two kids. They are almost 8 and almost 6 (gotta love those holiday birthdays!) and we homeschool, so I sneak onto goodreads more than I should.

Between reading and homeschooling, I don't really have time for many more hobbies, though I do tend to dabble in different crafty things from time to time.

My favorite genre is YA Fantasy, though I read a lot of HF and I am usually willing to branch out into just about anything. Not a fan of Horror, though. Those give me nightmares!

Yes, I've done team challenges here and in other groups before. I love being on a team! I'm pretty chatty, and I can't promise we won't have drops ins from some of my friends on other teams ;), they like to heckle, don't mind them, lol.

Anyway, back to reading! I need to get Inkheart finished today!!

message 37: by Karla (new)

Karla (nojudgingallowed) | 20 comments Renee wrote: "Current goals
Read a book with the name of..."

Hi Renee,
I just checked the rest of the books and I found one. It's called Dairy Queen and it was published on 23rd May 2006. But it was first published 30th April. Does this count ?? I've added it to the goal tab :)

message 38: by Renee (new)

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments Thanks Karla. That one is fine.

message 39: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresab78) | 1260 comments 1. Your name/ nickname/ how you want people to call you? My name is Teresa but people often call me T
2. Where are you from? How is that place? I live in Alberta Canada, we got snow this morning but it won't stay too long.
3. Your hobbies? reading, of course, and crocheting
4. Your favourite book(s) and/or genre(s)? my favourite genre is m/m romance and with in that paranormal and sci-fi. I do read some mf and fantasy.
5. Have you ever done a team challenge before? I've done many team challenges but this is my first time doing Tower Teams
6. How chatty/ social do you want to be in this challenge? it will vary. Real life has gotten in my way since I joined and I don't have as much time to socialize. However I check good reads daily and will lurk in the background :D

message 40: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_nguyen) | 124 comments CassieV wrote: "I'm Cassie, which is short for Cassandra, though my husband tends to shorten it further to Cass. ;) I'll pretty much answer to anything, though.

I live in Florida with my husband and two kids. The..."

WOW I didn't know you are homeschooling your kids even though we were in the same team :D
Are both you and your husband teachers and/or have been teachers before?

Honestly, it sounds cool!

message 41: by Jodie (new)

Jodie (anntsy) | 223 comments Hi everyone!

I'm Jodie, no nicknames that I know about.
I'm from Jamaica, and right now as it gets closer to December the days are hot, but the nights are quite cool.
My hobbies apart from reading are watching korean dramas, listening to music (a mix of kpop, classical, alternative to name a few).
I don't have a favourite genre/book. I read whatever genre i feel in the mood for at the time.
This is my first challenge :)
I try to check my goodreads every day, unless it's been a busy day at work and i knockout as soon as i get home :(, so i might be a bit late on some of the convos.

message 42: by CassieV (new)

CassieV | 1196 comments Sam wrote: "WOW I didn't know you are homeschooling your kids even though we were in the same team :D
Are both you and your husband teachers and/or have been teachers before?

Honestly, it sounds cool!"

It is a lot of fun :). My husband and I aren't certified teachers or anything, but my dad and his mom both are and they give us a lot of help. There's a lot of flexibility to it and we can pretty much set our own schedule, which I LOVE. For now, it really fits us well :D

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey guys, sorry I've been so absent!!! Work is so busy atm!

1. Your name/ nickname/ how you want people to call you? My name is Jaime, I have an abundance of ridiculous nicknames, e.g. Jim Jams, Jumanji, James, Jambus, Jambo etc.
2. Where are you from? How is that place? I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I love it here!
3. Your hobbies? READING. I am also a makeup artist which I do on the side of working at an independent book store! I also love baking :)
4. Your favourite book(s) and/or genre(s)? (Now) The Help by Kathryn Stockett, The Secret History by Donna Tartt and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I can't say I have a favourite genre, I love reading everything. Except there's a few I don't think I will EVER touch like Mills & Boon-y type books, Clive Cussler/Wilbur Smith & mass market fiction.
5. Have you ever done a team challenge before? NEVERRRRRRRR, I am loving this one though :)
6. How chatty/ social do you want to be in this challenge? I come onto Goodreads more than anything else so probably most of the time I'll be quite social :)

message 44: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 233 comments Can I just ask what are the current goals? It seems that the goals on the spreadsheet is not updated :)

message 45: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_nguyen) | 124 comments Current goals:

Read a book with yellow text on the cover
Read a book where the edition you are reading was published on the 11th of a month
Read a book with the main genre (listed on the first page on GR) as Chick Lit

message 46: by Renee (new)

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments I tracked down some of our goalless books to fill some more goals.

Current Goals
Read a book where the edition you are reading was published on the 11th of a month
Read a book where someone desires world domination
Read a book that has the birthstone Alexandrite in the text or title

message 47: by Amy the book-bat (new)

Amy the book-bat (batkisses) | 698 comments hello
I just found out about this new team. (Of course, that was AFTER I posted my books in the old team) I added a couple books, but it appear they are currently goalless.

message 48: by CassieV (new)

CassieV | 1196 comments *waves at Amy* Glad you found your way here :)

I don't know if you've noticed ladies, but we seem to be moving our way slowly up! Anyone want to try for some weekend team challenges to bump our point scores? The last time I did tower teams, a few teams ran those intermittently to try to push through a bit more.

message 49: by Karla (new)

Karla (nojudgingallowed) | 20 comments I don't mind doing some weekend team challenge. It sounds fun :)

message 50: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_nguyen) | 124 comments Thanks Cassie for the idea ;)

Another suggestion: Anyone wants to do Buddy reading???

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7