Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta reader willing to read first four chapters

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elle (new)

Elle (alphabetareader) | 10 comments Hi guys,

I have some free time today and am looking to fill it with a few beta reads. If anyone is interested in me having a go at their first four chapters, private message me. Thanks!

message 2: by Elle (new)

Elle (alphabetareader) | 10 comments Nope, I'm just bored :)
I'd charge $40 for a full manuscript (85k and under) but I do first four chapters for free quite often. If I were charging I'd post in the Betas Offering Paid Services so as not to piss anyone off, haha.

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle (alphabetareader) | 10 comments I'd prefer a Word doc, if I'm being honest. I don't have an account with Wattpad, and it's always been easier to comment in Word. Not sure if you'd be interested in that, but I remember you asking me about reading through Wattpad in an earlier thread.

I'll def. do it in Word, so you can PM me if you're okay with me going that route.

message 4: by Rebeccah (new)

Rebeccah | 1 comments Elle wrote: "Hi guys,

I have some free time today and am looking to fill it with a few beta reads. If anyone is interested in me having a go at their first four chapters, private message me. Thanks!"

Are you still looking for something to read? I'd love to send you my first four chapters. It's literary/women's/contemporary.

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle (alphabetareader) | 10 comments Yeah, you can email it to alphabetareader@mail.com

message 6: by Jeanie (last edited Nov 23, 2015 08:59PM) (new)

Jeanie (jeanielong) | 62 comments Do you have any more free time, Elle? I'd love a read of my first four. Mine is women's fiction/romance/literary

Jeanie

message 7: by Mannah (last edited Nov 24, 2015 02:02AM) (new)

Mannah Pierce | 5 comments I am looking for a beta. I am writing a science fiction book (third in a series, the other two are published).

I am not really looking for a proofreader, rather someone who can judge the immediacy and impact of the story.

The things I have in mind are: (a) highlighting sentences where the reader gets lost, (b) commenting on the sense of place, (c) telling me if the plot is drifting and (d) warning me of a lack of emotional depth.

I have the first 18 chapters ready to roll as Word documents and I can catch you up with the plot of the first two books with a summary.

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (alphabetareader) | 10 comments I'm still willing to do some reads! PM me if you're interested.

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Werden | 26 comments If you have time, I can send you 3 chapters 14.5k words.
Currently the manuscript is at 98k words and the story has been completed.
Any and all critique gladly accepted and wanted.

The story is about a woman named Evelyn Carter, who is recruited into a government time travel agency. She thinks she is being hired on as a videographer to document events in history for the general public to see. She slowly realizes there is something the agency is keeping secret. A secret that spans the entire history of the planet. Something big is about to happen and she is caught up in the quest to save all of humanity.

Thanks, Rob

message 10: by Robert (new)

Robert Werden | 26 comments Just wanted to follow up that Elle did an excellent sample read and gave me extremely useful feedback. Thanks for the quick turn around. Ill be back with the rest of my manuscript.

message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire | 1 comments Just wanted to say thanks.
Elle did a sample read on my first three chapters and it helped a lot.
It's not an easy thing to do and she was extremely quick and gave sound feedback.