All The Books In Our Wheelhouse discussion

The Unbearable Lightness of Being
This topic is about The Unbearable Lightness of Being
November/December Book Pick!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gabriella Gricius (advocate0802) | 5 comments Mod
We've made it to finally choosing a book - and beginning to read it! I know Thanksgiving is around the corner, so I started this month a little early to give us all some more time.

So let's start reading! (Leave your comments and what you're thinking as the book progresses below!)

P.S. If any of us are in a similar city, I bet it would be incredibly fun to meet up for some wine, book chatter and winter shenanigans mid-December (just a suggestion)

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesassica) | 1 comments Tay, Gabby-- Berlin meet up??

Jessica wrote: "Tay, Gabby-- Berlin meet up??"

Not even a question :) Of course!

So I'm not sure how all of you are finding it so far... but I'm thinking so far: *weird*

Rebecca Wolfe (rebeccaswolfe) | 1 comments Agreed! I'm about 2/3 of the way through. I really enjoyed the first half but then it just got a bit too odd for me. I'm definitely planning on finishing but it's not what I thought it was going to be.

message 6: by Ida (new)

Ida  | 1 comments December was a really weird reading month for me. This type of book is usually my kind of thing, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it. At the beginning the characters just irritated me, but as I read on I started to understand more of what the author was going for and started to appreciate the character examination. I ended up enjoying the book itself while reading it, however as soon as I put it down I would forget about it and was not in a rush to pick it back up. Overall a very mixed reading experience.

Ida wrote: "December was a really weird reading month for me. This type of book is usually my kind of thing, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it. At the beginning the characters just irritated me, ..."

That, I completely get. I honestly was not a fan... by the end, at least. I didn't like all of the philosophical asides either, and I'm not in at all of a rush to try it again.