What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Very dark/sold/abuse/slave/ [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 47 comments This was one of the first very dark and still one of the darkest books I have read.. I was new at goodreads so I did not put it then on my read list I believe, and that is why I cannot find it now. So they discription might be a little jumbled..

I do not know in what Country this is I think it somewhat like in Russia maybe. The girl is in her teens she has brothers and sisters and live with there Father in a secluded part of the land, surrounded by trees, there is little to no electricity and water is grabbed from a little river or how do you call the thing where you have to drop a bucket in.. also it is in the winter very very cold. The mother is dead, don't know anymore if she died because she was sick or was killed or it was suicide.

The father is a complete monster very abusive sexually and fysically, mentally.. she and her sisters take care of the house cleaning etc, but with little means.. the brother is sexually assaulted by the father. The sisters are when thet are at age 18 I believe sold and never to be seen again, The brother kills himself because of their father and cannot live with the pain anymore. When the girl is sold she goes to this house very poor house who 'readies' the girls she is the only one there at the time, she is kept in a cage in the kitchen and has to beg for food water is beaten, humiliated,always naked and has to do sexual acts for that has to go down on the woman,etc , she has to crawl, kiss the womans feet etc become the perfect submissive...she stays a virgin for the buyer.. She is bought and long story short because what happend then is blurry but it ends with him falling for her and she falling for him, she tells him about her father and her family.. The guy even looks for her sisters that where sold, don't know if they found them, but they go back to her house to the last remaining sister (1 or2) to take them with her..

I really hope this is not so confusing and this is enough info..because it is all I know.. it is been such a long time and dammit I don't know any names anymore! or where it was.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Diaz | 224 comments Sounds like a powerful plot, looking forward to reading it when I know the title.

message 3: by S (new)

S | 5 comments Agreed, sounds like a good plot, I'm interested in the title as well

message 4: by Jamading (new)

Jamading | 5 comments I think this is called Disfigured Love, by Georgia Le Carre

message 5: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 47 comments Jamading wrote: "I think this is called Disfigured Love, by Georgia Le Carre"

YES IT IS !!! Thank you!

message 6: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 47 comments Shayna wrote: "Agreed, sounds like a good plot, I'm interested in the title as well"

Amy wrote: "Sounds like a powerful plot, looking forward to reading it when I know the title."

Disfigured Love, by Georgia Le Carre

message 7: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1325 comments It's not on iBooks :/

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32272 comments Mod
Disfigured Love by Georgia Le Carre for the link.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy Diaz | 224 comments Been looking for a story like this hope it meets with my other expectations.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Disfigured Love (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Georgia Le Carre (other topics)