Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Newbie for book reviews

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Besty (new)

Besty (bibliophilebesty) | 5 comments Recently, i just start a blog about books and book reviews and i am hoping for books to review. I am interested in any genre, please give me a chance to review books! ^^

besty_purpleflower@hotmail.com

P.S. I've never receive a free printed books before and i felt so lucky that people received printed books for free, if anyone willing to send me a printed book, i would much appreciated! (If not printed books, ebooks are okay)

message 2: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Norfield (ajnorfield) | 8 comments You might want to at least mention the url of your blog or set your profile to public if you are serious about actively reviewing.

If you are really interested in reviewing you should start with putting reviews up on goodreads of books you already read. That way people can judge your reviewstyle (again profile needed to be set to public) and get a sense of your genre books.

Doing the above will let it seem a lot less like you are just trying to score some free books to sell on eBay or something. :)

message 3: by Besty (new)

Besty (bibliophilebesty) | 5 comments A.J. wrote: "You might want to at least mention the url of your blog or set your profile to public if you are serious about actively reviewing.

If you are really interested in reviewing you should start with p..."

Okay, hi there, thanks for the comment. I would like to explain things up a bit here. For the profile public, i am 17 and Goodreads seems to set my account private due to my underage. And i did wrote a few reviews on Goodreads, maybe because i am underage or something you can't see it. I just reactivate my Goodreads account this week and i am not so familiar about it, i am going to put up a lot of reviews soon after my exam, and the books i put on my 'read' shelf are books i've read some time ago, so i am not so fresh about them and i don't want to simply type some 'surface reviews' and just review on the outside meaning of the book, that is a huge disrespect for the authors.

As for the blog, i am just starting it and its all a mess(but i will put the link down there,no followers yet though,and also because no followers yet, authors will not give me books to review so this is one of the reason i did not put the link before), i just want to mention that i will and i promise i will put reviews after reading books authors send me, and i keep my promise. As for the selling books thingy, i am underage, i say it one more time, I AM UNDERAGE i can't simply sell things on some web shop or anything because it need parents permisson, i don't know things about selling or buying things online because it need parents permisson and my parents are strict and i won't get what i want just simply telling them. And i am from Malaysia, don't know whether you know or not. Here, our books are imported, they are so so so expensive here, and i can't afford them much except for some book fairs and discounts. So i need free books because i love books. Very very love books.

I know i said things can't bring out the proofs, but i hope you believe me. Whether you believe me or not, i am who i am. I understand people lies sometimes and you are just trying to see whether i am one of them or not. I love books. I envy the people in UK or US get free printed books so easily and my country? None, its hard so hard that these days i search all over the web for free printed books exchange for reviews but no luck, they have a lot of rules and things and some are not for my country. So, its your decision whether to believe me or not, but i hope you believe me though.

Thanks for the comment! and sorry if i have wording errors or offended some of you.Sorry for the long comment too!

Bibliophile Besty's Book Reviews! http://bibliophilebestybookreviews.bl...

message 4: by Debi (new)

Debi Sullivan (MajikAttic) | 1 comments Betsy,

I am sure the issue isn't whether people believe you are looking for free books or not. I believe people will question the validity of your intent on the basis of your slipshod writing. Amazon, Good Reads, and many others require reviews be written in English and it is quite obvious English is not your first language.

I would suggest you hone your English writing skills before delving into the reviewing pool.

Good luck!
D.

message 5: by Besty (last edited Nov 22, 2015 05:57PM) (new)

Besty (bibliophilebesty) | 5 comments Debi wrote: "Betsy,

I am sure the issue isn't whether people believe you are looking for free books or not. I believe people will question the validity of your intent on the basis of your slipshod writing. Ama..."

Hi, thank you for your comment. Yes, maybe English is not my first language, but things we learn in school are mostly English, and if you are judging by my country, i am sorry but i can't choose what country to be born or something. And i think my English is not that bad until UNREADABLE, is it? And i am still working on it by reading lots of books, who in the world is perfect anyway? Everyone is improving everyday, mine is English, maybe you have other things that are improving too. Human live to learn things. If you are perfect, or a robot, okay, that's nice, fine for me.

And also, if i review the stories showing that i am from a small and far away country, books can be share out much faster isn't it? People in my country will interested in reading reviews from same country. And share through friends and friends and on and on. Isn't that the purpose of reviewing books at the very first?

Lastly, next time when you type people's names, please open wide your eyes, it's a rude thing to mistaken people's names. You wouldn't want people to spell your name wrongly would you? If you are okay with it, then i have nothing to say. Thank you.

Sorry if i offended you. Thank you.

message 6: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Marten | 30 comments Besty wrote: "Recently, i just start a blog about books and book reviews and i am hoping for books to review. I am interested in any genre, please give me a chance to review books! ^^

besty_purpleflower@hotmail..."

I would love you to review my novel, please have a look or visit my website www.mimimarten.com for 50 pages for free.

Let me know, if you are interested....

Trouble finding Blondie by Mimi Marten

Aloha!

Mimi Marten

message 7: by Besty (new)

Besty (bibliophilebesty) | 5 comments Mimi wrote: "Besty wrote: "Recently, i just start a blog about books and book reviews and i am hoping for books to review. I am interested in any genre, please give me a chance to review books! ^^

besty_purple..."

Hi! Thanks for commenting, yes please, i would love to, i've read the summary of the book and i think its nice. Thanks again! ^^