Writers United discussion

Other Help > Writing Prompts

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Post writing prompts here for inspiration!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

You live in a world where you can buy bottled emotions. The bottled emotions are considered a drug. Your parents sit down with you to talk about your addiction to joy.

I tired writing a book about that, but gave up.

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria (marmalade4evs) | 1 comments Kylee~Percabeth~Captain Swan~Romione~Fourtris~ wrote: "You live in a world where you can buy bottled emotions. The bottled emotions are considered a drug. Your parents sit down with you to talk about your addiction to joy.

I tired writing a book about..."

Omg that sounds so awesome! Do I have permission to take that idea and write about it?

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments I guess you can call me Maria (Marmalade4evs) wrote: "Kylee~Percabeth~Captain Swan~Romione~Fourtris~ wrote: "You live in a world where you can buy bottled emotions. The bottled emotions are considered a drug. Your parents sit down with you to talk abo..."

Keep trying. This is a wonderful scenario and I think that you can eventually come up with a good storyline.

People often use illegal means to feed their drug habits today. Maybe that will be used by your protagonist. Or possibly what they may do when under the influence of joy unbound. Unforeseen ripples?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess you can call me Maria (Marmalade4evs) wrote: "Kylee~Percabeth~Captain Swan~Romione~Fourtris~ wrote: "You live in a world where you can buy bottled emotions. The bottled emotions are considered a drug. Your parents sit down with you to talk abo..."

Go right ahead!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Michael wrote: "I guess you can call me Maria (Marmalade4evs) wrote: "Kylee~Percabeth~Captain Swan~Romione~Fourtris~ wrote: "You live in a world where you can buy bottled emotions. The bottled emotions are conside..."

Thanks for the encouragement, but I deleted everything. It's been three years and I have nothing. I think other people might be more inspired.

message 7: by Gynger (new)

Gynger Fyer | 18 comments Its winter vacation. Samantha was disowned b her parents, because she refused to go into the family business, instead going to college. She wants to have her own mechanics shop, btu headaches have suddenly started plagueing her.
she agrees to take the college's smartest boy to the airport (he missed the bus), but they are being pursued by....dunno.
Fast forward a bit, and Samantha has brain tumors...