Writers United discussion

Other Help > Discussions

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Discussion ideas for your characters to talk about

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I really need help with this one. My two characters (Ivanna and Zoe) are at the gym. I need them to talk about something to pass the time. I have no idea!

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments How many miles do you have on the treadmill.
Two girls might discuss/compare sports bras.
Did you see that guy on the free weights? (He might be hot, a dork, creepy.)
Victoria's Secret is having a sale this Friday.
I got these sneakers at Footlocker.

Did any of those help?

message 4: by Violet (new)

Violet Shane | 3 comments They might race on the treadmills, and do friendly trash talk
Or comparing brands of equipment or sports clothes, something like that

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you both!! That was really helpful! I've been stuck on this part for days now. Glad I could get the story moving again. Thanks!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Need help again :/

Three characters are horseback riding alone through a forest. Two of them just kissed last night, and the other suspects something is going on, but she doesn't want to talk about it. They have to ride all day. I need a conversation for them to talk about. Should I do something awkward and embarrass the new couple?

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments Percabeth Forever wrote: "Need help again :/

Three characters are horseback riding alone through a forest. Two of them just kissed last night, and the other suspects something is going on, but she doesn't want to talk abou..."

I think in reality there would be at least a few awkward moments. How overt should vary but some would be quite overt, some much less.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!!!

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments Percabeth Forever wrote: "Thanks!!!"

An afterthought; who says something awkward? My thought would be the guy for one as well as the 3rd wheel.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Michael wrote: "Percabeth Forever wrote: "Thanks!!!"

An afterthought; who says something awkward? My thought would be the guy for one as well as the 3rd wheel."

I foresee very embarrassing moments.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I honestly don't know what I would do without this thread XD
(Probably have writers block 24/7)
So first, I am almost done with my book.
Second, in order to do that, I need a...
Dun dun dun!
Conversation! (Duh XD)

Really about anything. My main characters are on a date right now. (Please note that this is more medieval times.)

As everybody knows right now, I suck at conversations. Mainly because I am socially awkward.

(Just throwing this out there. Does anyone know how hard it is to write about a social person when they are socially awkward?!?! It's so frustrating! Okay, rant over XD)

Thank you in advance guys XD

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments Kylee~Percabeth~Captain Swan~Romione~Fourtris~ wrote: "I honestly don't know what I would do without this thread XD
(Probably have writers block 24/7)
So first, I am almost done with my book.
Second, in order to do that, I need a...
Dun dun dun!
Conver..."

In medieval times they may talk about the next tournament, what the champion will be expected to wear re his armor, what the duke and duchess will wear at their next feast night. Then, as in any era, they talk about feelings, how much they might feel toward one another.

If you would like some one on one help (or attempt at help at least) contact me directly if you like.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

You are a lifesaver. Thank you!!!!!!

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments I expect your quarter in the mail shortly. :P

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol XD
Thank you for the laugh XD

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't have a question thread on here, and I'm too lazy to make one. Does anyone know if those in the medieval era carried shopping bags? I mean, how would they carry their stuff?
I feel bad for being the only one posting on here XD

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments Depending on how they were traveling, they would use saddle bags if mounted or if on foot or riding on a cart they may wall have used a long bag that slung over the shoulder. Think of the pictures you see of Johnny Appleseed carrying a seed bag.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank.You.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel like I'm the only one who's posting on here....
This is the only place I can really go to for advice so....
This is going to seem weird to ask, but....
I need arguments. Yes, you heard (saw?) right. I have two best friends, a boy and girl, who annoy each other to pieces but secretly like each other. They're supposed to get in a lot of fights, but guess what? I can't think of any for the life of me.

So...once again...help me.

And a side note: you guys are all awesome

message 20: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments First I need some information. What genre, what historical time frame, ages. That can make my suggestions more focused if your revealing that doesn't tell more than you care to until you publish.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Fantasy, 12 year olds, modern time, they have powers (fire for the boy and ice for the girl.) She's a know it all and he's an outgoing but extremely lazy guy. He doesn't take a lot of things seriously.

message 22: by Michael (last edited Jun 05, 2016 06:30PM) (new)

Michael | 31 comments They argue about the messes he makes and never cleans up after himself. They argue about her nagging. They argue about his slovenly dress, about how she's always making him wait and never on time. They argue about who is the smartest and whether it's better to be book smart or street smart. They argue over what video games to play and what TV shows/movies to watch. And of course how serious she is, how serious he isn't.

Is this a start and am I anywhere near what you're looking for?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

LIFESAVER THANK YOU

I'm honestly not sure what I would do if not for you and this group. Wow. This is going to help me a lot. Agan, THANK YOU!

message 24: by Gynger (new)

Gynger Fyer | 18 comments Ok, now i need help. Should Leo run over three people blocking the rode, or should he stop and talk?

message 25: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments Why are they blocking the road? Does he have reason to fear them and therefore should attack?

message 26: by Gynger (new)

Gynger Fyer | 18 comments Its the apocalypse and one threathened to harm him if he didnt get out of the car.

message 27: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments Then run over the son of a bitch. Now is not a time worry about niceties.

message 28: by Gynger (last edited Jun 12, 2016 05:13PM) (new)

Gynger Fyer | 18 comments Thanks, sounds like a plan. Looks like Leo will be putting his zombie wagon to good use.

message 29: by KC (new)

KC (m0rningstarr) | 7 comments XD this conversation is amazing.

P.S sorry to intrude

message 30: by KC (new)

KC (m0rningstarr) | 7 comments Also, where do you guys post you're stories? I'd very much like to see Leo in an apocalypse.

message 31: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments Intrude? Hardly. that's what this thread is for, comments. :)

message 32: by KC (new)

KC (m0rningstarr) | 7 comments lol

Also I was wondering if any of you could look over a fanfic of mine for any mess ups? I can't leave the link right now on account that Wattpad is crashing on me but if any of you is interested please let me know!

message 33: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments I'd be glad to look it over.

message 34: by KC (new)

KC (m0rningstarr) | 7 comments Thanks! Sadly, Wattpad is still down so I'll send the link later.

message 35: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments Whenever you're able is fine.

message 36: by Shane (new)

Shane | 2 comments If it's okay with you all, I also have something I wrote that I would like to be read. Message me if you are interested :p.

And lulee, I'd like to read your fanfic as well.

message 37: by Gynger (last edited Jun 24, 2016 08:21AM) (new)

Gynger Fyer | 18 comments Can I read the fanfic?
LEO, his zombie wagon, and the rest of the fanfic is on fanfiction.net posted on It's Lin Again's page.

Sadly the next chapter won't be uploaded till early July, but I hope you enjoy it.

message 38: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments Gynger wrote: "Can I read the fanfic?
LEO, his zombie wagon, and the rest of the fanfic is on fanfiction.net posted on It's Lin Again's page.

Sadly the next chapter won't be uploaded till early July, but I hope ..."

I can't seem to find you on fanfiction. Can you help me?

message 39: by Gynger (new)

Gynger Fyer | 18 comments The title is: Well, This Isn't Fcked Up At All. It's posted under: It's Lin Again.
and here is the link: Just copy and paste into google and Viola, Chapter One!
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11963458...

Holler if you need anything else.

message 40: by KC (new)

KC (m0rningstarr) | 7 comments Okay so the link is here (sorry it took so long)

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/73924...

message 41: by Gynger (new)

Gynger Fyer | 18 comments Great story!

message 42: by KC (new)

KC (m0rningstarr) | 7 comments Gynger wrote: "Great story!"

Thanks! I'm going to take a break though, I feel like I need to really map it out so that I won't be tempted to just write down whatever pops into my head at random.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Nooooooooooooooooo break

message 44: by Gynger (new)

Gynger Fyer | 18 comments Besides, everyone needs a little random.

message 45: by Michael (new)

Michael | 31 comments I have been away for a bit but hope to get around to catching up on my reading soon.

Taylor Stevens is an author I've come to enjoy. Her primary character is a female, strong, smart, fallible. She also enjoys helping new and aspiring authors.

Check her out; http://www.taylorstevensbooks.com/

Note the CONTACT in the far upper right corner of the home page. Click on it and you are offered the opportunity to have her email you her suggestions.