Shiver Roleplay discussion

How many have you been to so far?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimbobo) I've been to 26 so far. Mostly in the US - California (where I live now) and NY (where I grew up)

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_penrod) Hi! This should be a fun group! So, I have been to 30 so far. My list is split about 50/50 between places in the US and abroad. I had fun flipping through the book when I first got it, highlighter in hand. At first I was even bringing the book with me when I traveled...then I switched to just making copies of the pages that were applicable to where I was headed.

I have had mostly good experiences with recommended sites. For example, I would never have checked out the small Isabella Gardner Museum in Boston had it not been on the list, and it was such a wonderful place! But I am a bit put off by all of the hotels on the list. I am a budget traveler, (I stayed in hostels in Italy, for example!) so staying in fancy, ridiculously priced hotels is not an option for me! When I was in Florida, I decided to check out the Breakers Hotel since it was on the list. So, my friend and I ordered a drink in one of the hotel bars, and wandered around the grounds for a spell...and OK...whatever. It was a nice hotel, but since I wasn't staying there, definitely not something that I had to do before I died!

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimbobo) I agree with your hotel comment. Most of those hotels are just not my style! I would prefer modern, green, moderately priced options...or boutique hotels that you really would not find anywhere else. Say like a Scottish Castle or something. That would be neat! =)

message 4: by Tamela (new)

Tamela I finally got around to actually "counting" the number of places. I got 88! Okay, it looks small next to 1,000 but pretty cool! Well, I must admit that I was a travel agent living in Boston for 10 years. Now, I'm a teacher with the summers off. One guess what I do over my summer vacation. I love to travel!

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimbobo) Oh I wish I got summers off!! That's one of the few things I miss about school. =) If only I lived in France and had an automatic 6 weeks vacation! That would be lovely =)

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne (awarf) I just sat down and counted my "highlights" and came up with 48. Most of them are US, but a few are not. I thought that wasn't bad at first... then I realized I have 952 to go!!!

message 7: by Joey (new)

Joey (chigaroogarem) As far as I can tell, I'm at 51.

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hickman (bkread2) I guess it would depend on how one would "count" a place. I had been counting it as one place if several things are listed, such as in Paris, London, New York, etc as only being 1. But if it was each individual places mentioned it would be well over 100. But to me I just do the town/city as one with all that is listed...so I would guess maybe 35-38 that way (depending on which version). But there are many that I would LOVE to go. I would love to go to the Czech Repbulic, Italy, Ireland and Germany...that is in no actual order. I love castles, food and drink. I am also a fan of history. IN the US I want to go to Boston, MA & Quebec, Canada

message 9: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Wariner (tonyawariner) 36 places.

message 10: by Meg (new)

Meg 36 for me too.

message 11: by Stef (new)

Stef (buch_ratte) So far I have been to 26 places mentioned in the book. Most of them in the US (12), followed by Germany (5). I really thought Germany would be the country with the most places I visited since I am german but obviously, I have been wrong.

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hickman (bkread2) Right now I am in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I am staying with a friend directly off of Ipanema Beach, Post 8. I am loving it. Been already to the Hippie Fair, Jesus the Redeemer and on many a pub crawl. I have the Juneith party this Friday-Sunday where you dress up as a redneck and act really goofy. Its supposed to be as good as Carnival. wondering a bit about that. I am thinking some place are over-rated and some under-rated about Rio!

message 13: by Dugger (new)

Dugger Only made it 55 places so far! Lots more places to go before I've even seen 10% of the list.